variable speed control needed.
I've got a Delta saw that uses the coping saw blades and uses a reciprocal motion.  I haven't used it in years because its a single speed and that is ludicrous speed.  Also have a Rockler throat plate that I can fasten a jigsaw to in an upside down position and use on the Rockler Router table.  Either tool set up I'd like to be able to vary the speed.  I see some that have a dial control but it would be sweet to have one with a foot control so I don't have to let go of the workpiece if I want to slow the feed rate for a difficult cut.

Any ideas?  I'd like to buy it from Amazon as I have a couple hundred dollars store credit from a return.  Another alternative might be looking at second hand stores for a sewing machine or perhaps this one on Amazon might work.  Anyone have ideas or solutions?

Sewing machine speed control
LMGTFY

Control, Variable Speed, Foot Pedal, Plastic, SR, L, 3 Prong - C-FCT-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WGVP6Q4/ref...TAbWETY18Z

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-23-2018, 04:07 PM)Kizar_Sozay Wrote: I've got a Delta saw that uses the coping saw blades and uses a reciprocal motion.  I haven't used it in years because its a single speed and that is ludicrous speed.  Also have a Rockler throat plate that I can fasten a jigsaw to in an upside down position and use on the Rockler Router table.  Either tool set up I'd like to be able to vary the speed.  I see some that have a dial control but it would be sweet to have one with a foot control so I don't have to let go of the workpiece if I want to slow the feed rate for a difficult cut.

Any ideas?  I'd like to buy it from Amazon as I have a couple hundred dollars store credit from a return.  Another alternative might be looking at second hand stores for a sewing machine or perhaps this one on Amazon might work.  Anyone have ideas or solutions?

Sewing machine speed control

What mike posted looks like what your wanted. 

If you want a consistent motor speed, maybe one of these would work. I use one with my dremel....its awesome. 

Dremel control

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(03-23-2018, 06:09 PM)packerguy® Wrote: What mike posted looks like what your wanted. 

If you want a consistent motor speed, maybe one of these would work. I use one with my dremel....its awesome. 

Dremel control

Looks like the two listed are more for a Dremel.  Tomorrow, I'll compare the motor specs on the dremel, the scroll saw and the jig saw.  Reading reviews on the one I linked it looks like its got a preset for slow stitching and then a pedal to the metal speed.  Maybe I've found a use for that old treadmill sitting on the patio.  I had envisioned a conversion to drum sander but this might be just my speed.
Treadmill motors are used all the time for 
variable speed conversions.  I have a mid
nineties Delta drill press that sports a 
General Electric DC motor run off a converter
unit that came with it. Got both at "Surplus
Center" years ago. Best thing I ever did to the
drill press. I once drilled a three quarter inch 
hole through half inch hardened steel plate.
SLOOOWLY!!

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Foredom is no dremel lol.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-23-2018, 09:27 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Foredom is no dremel lol.

No there aren't but what they are small rotary tools with mostly 1/8 HP DC motors. The scroll saw is AC and 1/3 hp.
Can you use the speed control box like what Routers use or other motors?

Like this

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite...ntrol.html

Heavy Duty Speed Control - 20 Amp

#9410........................................$39.95 [Image: orderbut.gif]
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-24-2018, 01:53 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Can you use the speed control box like what Routers use or other motors?

Like this

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite...ntrol.html

Heavy Duty Speed Control - 20 Amp

#9410........................................$39.95 [Image: orderbut.gif]

I'm looking for foot-operated. so I can slow down for the curves on scroll cuts
(03-24-2018, 09:47 PM)Kizar_Sozay Wrote: I'm looking for foot-operated. so I can slow down for the curves on scroll cuts

If you scroll down I think they have it on the same page of the link I gave you.

Or maybe this one?

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/proxx...del-38-700
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.