Router lift opinions
I’m looking at adding a router lift to my bench dog 40-150 router table, which I have as a wing on my delta contractor table saw. Rocker has the bench dog lift on sale for $222 right now. They also have the Rockler Router Lift FX for $199. I know both will work/fit in my table. I’m also hoping to use my Porter Cable 694VK in the lift. I’ve watched and read reviews on both of these lifts, but I was hoping to get some opinions here. Do you have one of these? What do you like and dislike about it? Is one better than the other? Thanks!
(03-24-2018, 11:51 PM)jrizzo17 Wrote: I’m looking at adding a router lift to my bench dog 40-150 router table, which I have as a wing on my delta contractor table saw. Rocker has the bench dog lift on sale for $222 right now. They also have the Rockler Router Lift FX for $199. I know both will work/fit in my table. I’m also hoping to use my Porter Cable 694VK in the lift. I’ve watched and read reviews on both of these lifts, but I was hoping to get some opinions here. Do you have one of these? What do you like and dislike about it? Is one better than the other? Thanks!

I have the Bench Dog Prolift 40-016, which was their original lift, and it is excellent.  Unfortunately, this was discontinued, and I am not sure how this compares to the current model.
I just purchased my 2nd Rockler lift today.  I now have two of them.  They work fine for me to the point I may buy a 3rd before the years out.
I have the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II on my table. I love it.
Semper fi,
Brad

My Rockler lift is 10 maybe 12 yrs old and I have no complaints.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I have had the Rockler lift in my Folding Router Table since at least 2012. It works extremely well. (Video below)

One thing I really like about it is that it has no locking mechanism. Raise it or lower it and it just stays put. Nice not to mess with locks, just set and go to work.

As a note, Rockler just released a new version, more expensive and has more features, but that is not the one I have been using.

Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.