Disk Belt Sander drive Belt
The woodshop where I volunteer has a Craftsman disk/belt sander. It is a Craftsman 351.225930

It works but is really noisy. I decided to take it apart and see if I can repair it.

I need to get the belt off and it has stumped me so far.

If someone has been inside this machine I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Bill
(03-25-2018, 12:51 AM)wjt Wrote: The woodshop where I volunteer has a Craftsman disk/belt sander. It is a Craftsman 351.225930

It works but is really noisy. I decided to take it apart and see if I can repair it.

I need to get the belt off and it has stumped me so far.

If someone has been inside this machine I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Bill

If it is the same as my HF unit, you need to remove the platen. Two set screws and a lot of wiggling.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Here's the manual.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/476424...tml#manual
(03-25-2018, 07:42 AM)woodhead Wrote: If it is the same as my HF unit, you need to remove the platen. Two set screws and a lot of wiggling.

Al

Thanks for the link to the manual. Unfortunately that is the user manual - not a maintenance (repair) manual. Other than an exploded view of the parts (mostly accurate but not quite) it is not helpful

And amazingly enough the user manual was with the machine.

Bill
It looks to me that page 8 has the instructions for removing the belt. Not sure if the manual listed is exactly what machine you have.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(03-25-2018, 11:45 AM)wjt Wrote: Thanks for the link to the manual. Unfortunately that is the user manual - not a maintenance (repair) manual. Other than an exploded view of the parts (mostly accurate but not quite) it is not helpful

And amazingly enough the user manual was with the machine.

Bill

I was unclear in my original post. I am referring to the drive belt not the sanding belt.

Page eight refers to removing the sanding belt.

Bill
I assume you have to pull the platen, cover #42 and slip the belt over the shaft that way??/

Al
I turn, therefore I am!