Multiple router set ups
I'm looking to expand out my shops ability by adding two additional router tables.  I will have one that's tablesaw mounted at the end of my Jet cabinet saw but the other two will have their own cabinets. Rockler tables, rockler lifts and Jessem fences.  I'm just curious how you guys have your shops set up with multiple routers?  I'm trying to turn my hobby into a small business and have invested $8000 in equipment to become more efficient.  Please share your thoughts and or photos. 

Thanks
wayne
I guess it depends on the setup time involved. If it is a long setup time, then yes, multiple routers is a great idea. I used to have a router with a 1/4" straight cutter and a flush cut fence for doing laminate work. It was an old Craftsman router with an oversize base. The other thought would be the floor space that the 2 router tables would take up. If they are mobile, even better.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have 2 dual router cabinets.
3 single router tables.

At one time they were all setup for cabinet work, mainly rail and stile doors.

Plus numerous handheld routers. A lot of them I keep dedicated bits and bases on all time.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I had a dual router table many years ago I made. The first router made one center cut, the other, the finished edge style cut- for a certain trim I used to make a lot. It would be even better to have one horizontal and one vertical and/or horizontal.  If they had made a router with a reversed direction, that would have been very handy for making cuts on the opposite side of the board at the same time. Maybe they did, but I never saw one.

Each router would slide along the top attached to a dovetailed board built in to position them.  It was rather large in a metal frame, so I had to give it up when I was trying to make room for more tools and with no dust collection, it made a huge mess.
Many years ago, a WN member posted a router table he built that had a triangle shape with three routers mounted for three different operations for cabinet building. Always thought that router table was pretty cool. Would be great for production.
The triple router table thread here expired long ago, but if you google "triple router table" you will find threads on Sawmill Creek and on Router Forums from 2009 and 2006 respectively. They look quite efficient.
(03-26-2018, 08:52 AM)Scoony Wrote: Many years ago, a WN member posted a router table he built that had a triangle shape with three routers mounted for three different operations for cabinet building. Always thought that router table was pretty cool. Would be great for production.

Jack still has that table he built. Not sure how much he uses it these days though.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-25-2018, 09:47 PM)daddo Wrote: I had a dual router table many years ago I made. The first router made one center cut, the other, the finished edge style cut- for a certain trim I used to make a lot. It would be even better to have one horizontal and one vertical and/or horizontal.  If they had made a router with a reversed direction, that would have been very handy for making cuts on the opposite side of the board at the same time. Maybe they did, but I never saw one.

Each router would slide along the top attached to a dovetailed board built in to position them.  It was rather large in a metal frame, so I had to give it up when I was trying to make room for more tools and with no dust collection, it made a huge mess.

Grizzly does this with multiple shaper table.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Three-Sp...ahEALw_wcB

To the OP:

I don't have the space for multiple router tables, but in the coming months, I plan on adding multiple fixed base routers, each dedicated to individual cutters for use with my Leigh jig. I'll likely add three or four more, probably used 1617's that I find on CL.
Semper fi,
Brad

I have plans to build a triple setup one of these days and copy that griz shaper idea.

For now i have a dual setup with a 25" ls incra fence on woodpecket table on kreg stand and a kreg bench top up router table and over that long ls arm facing the rear of the table. Wp side gets a roundover and kreg gets a flush trim.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have my main router table complete with fence and multiple T slots.  I also have a couple of portable router tables that I can clamp in my workbench vise when needed.   This allows me to run two or more table mounted routers at once... mainly for cope and stick joints or tongue and Groove paneling setups.
WoodNET... the new safespace