Dual Router Tables?
Can you guys post pics of your dual router tables?   (I didn't want to commandeer Wayne's thread.)  

I'm looking for ideas and cabinet size and (dual) fence designs.  Thanks!
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Tomorrow
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Here’s mine. It’s bigger than I imagined when I designed it - 46 x 30 x 37 high. That’s a big footprint, but there’s quite a bit of machinery that needs to be accommodated.  After using it for a couple of years I think I I could shorten it a bit in length…. maybe 8” to 9”, but that’s dependent on the sort of work it needs to do. I've attached seven photos, but they don't show up when I preview this reply. The site says they're there, but it also says there's no content. This is a mess, and it shouldn't be that difficult. Feel free to ping me at mapleleaf@cox.net.

Don Peters

Attached Files Image(s)

I built a triple some years back when I built paneled newel posts. They were made of four sides built like cabinet doors, but tall and narrow.

It had two routers set up with the cope and stick bits respectively, and a third big router for panel raising. The cope and stick stations both had sliding tables so parts could be milled on both edges and ends.

I will try to find some photos.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(03-26-2018, 08:41 PM)Maple Leaf Wrote: Here’s mine. It’s bigger than I imagined when I designed it - 46 x 30 x 37 high. That’s a big footprint, but there’s quite a bit of machinery that needs to be accommodated.  After using it for a couple of years I think I I could shorten it a bit in length…. maybe 8” to 9”, but that’s dependent on the sort of work it needs to do. I've attached seven photos, but they don't show up when I preview this reply. The site says they're there, but it also says there's no content. This is a mess, and it shouldn't be that difficult. Feel free to ping me at mapleleaf@cox.net.

Don Peters

Don - I can see your photos. This is helpful info.  That's a nice setup, and I see you've accomodated for dust collection.  

So for the size of the top, you'd prefer something smaller like 38"x30"?

Thank you.
Pair of Benchdogs

[Image: Benchdog2.jpg]

now with power feed

[Image: Benchdog3.jpg]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(03-28-2018, 08:27 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Pair of Benchdogs

[Image: Benchdog2.jpg]

That's purrty.
Cian,

Yes, 38 x 30 would certainly fit better in a small shop. The whole issue is dependent upon what you need to do with it. In my case I wanted the extra infeed/outfeed distance. I also do some larger pattern routing, so one of the machines is set back further from the edge of the table. You could probably narrow the table by around 6" if you don't need that real estate.

I really like Woodshop's dual Bench Dog setup. It's about as compact as one can get plus he can use magnetic fixtures on those cast iron tops. OTOH, I often need to offset my fences, and my old Freuds take up more space.

Don Peters