Catharine and I have been at it again
Ron

The plane is wonderful and looks better at its job then other shooting planes.

Cloudy

I can easily see your love of carving in this project for sure.

When I get rich I will have Ron make me one and you do the carving.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The two masters....
The two together look like some of the nicest tools I've seen in the four decades+ I've been a woodworker (started in pre-teen years with dear old, deceased dad!).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Ron, when you come to Handworks next year be sure to bring Catharine along.
(03-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Ron Brese Wrote: Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm sure Catharine appreciates them as well. We have some other ideas to pursue so the future should be interesting.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Holey schmoley! That's gorgeous. 
Cool
I was wondering how the engraving on the right cheek, where the plane rides on the chute, was going to work with the plane sliding back and forth. On a conventional shooting board, I think the engraving might catch on the surface, pick up dust, and eventually score the surface. But now I need it. The plane rides on runners. That must make this plane slide back and forth incredibly easily!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(03-29-2018, 10:16 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I was wondering how the engraving on the right cheek, where the plane rides on the chute, was going to work with the plane sliding back and forth.  On a conventional shooting board, I think the engraving might catch on the surface, pick up dust, and eventually score the surface.  But now I need it.  The plane rides on runners.  That must make this plane slide back and forth incredibly easily!

When I mounted this plane on the "No Rock" chute board for testing I masked the attachment plate in order not to mar the engraving on that side of the plane. The new "No Rock" runs on linear bearings and so the same method would be applied. It does move pretty effortlessly and with the mass of this thing it's a very different shooting experience.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
(03-29-2018, 07:30 PM)Cian Wrote: Holey schmoley! That's gorgeous. 
Cool

Cian nailed it...

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Oh my 
Cool
Cool
Cool

Simply a stunning work of art 
Yes
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery