farmhouse sink
LOML has decided that she wants new kitchen sink, faucet, and countertops.
She has decreed that it shall be a stainless, apron front, also called farmhouse sink, with one of those commercial style faucets-the ones that look like an upside down "J". undecided yet on countertop material.
Our cabinets are in good shape-not planning to replace them. They are just a standard 24" deep.
Some of the sinks we have looked at look like they could be pulled forward some, to allow room for the faucet behind them, some not.
So, before I get too far into it, I thought I would ask the brain trust here, for any tips, do's, don'ts, things to be aware of.
Thanks in advance.
We have a faucet like that. Love it. Not inexpensive, but well worth the
extra, at least so far, only had it since last fall. We went with an undermount
single basin sink, with the drain at the right side in the back. Stainless
rack along the bottom and a hanging, narrow"shelf" which straddles the bowl
from front to back. Kohler. So far, so good.

As for counters , we went with quartz. Again, not inexpensive, but worth it.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Just installed a ceramic one for my wife.  Had to rebuild the cabinet to accomodate it, and had a pucker moment drilling a hole for the dishwasher vent.

Only complaint is the water pressure out  of the j type faucet is pretty strong and does cause splashing.  We put in butcher block countertops.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Yes, those faucets will splash a bit, IF you turn the water up full blast.
LOML has a bad habit of that. I THINK I may have gently demonstrated
that you do not have to turn it all the way on full, awhile back... time will
tell.

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(03-28-2018, 02:22 PM)rlnguy Wrote: Some of the sinks we have looked at look like they could be pulled forward some, to allow room for the faucet behind them, some not.

Do you mean just the sink is pulled forward or the sink cabinet is pulled forward?

http://madebymood.com/61124-ceramic-kitc...nt-lights/
(03-28-2018, 02:58 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: Just installed a ceramic one for my wife.  Had to rebuild the cabinet to accomodate it, and had a pucker moment drilling a hole for the dishwasher vent.

Only complaint is the water pressure out  of the j type faucet is pretty strong and does cause splashing.  We put in butcher block countertops.

I had to put a ceramic sink in our kitchen. The big farm house style. I absolutely hate the thing. It's horrible. It will only be clean on the install day. After that it's going to always be dirty and nasty.  Ceramic is a dirt magnet and hard to clean. Stainless steel pots and pans will leave marks because the ceramic is harder than the steel. It requires a mixture of two acids to remove the marks. You will either need a good chemical supply or order off ebay. There is nothing available to the general public that will work.
(03-28-2018, 02:22 PM)rlnguy Wrote: LOML has decided that she wants new kitchen sink, faucet, and countertops.
She has decreed that it shall be a stainless, apron front, also called farmhouse sink, with one of those commercial style faucets-the ones that look like an upside down "J". undecided yet on countertop material.
Our cabinets are in good shape-not planning to replace them. They are just a standard 24" deep.
Some of the sinks we have looked at look like they could be pulled forward some, to allow room for the faucet behind them, some not.
So, before I get too far into it, I thought I would ask the brain trust here, for any tips, do's, don'ts, things to be aware of.
Thanks in advance.

If you look around might be a lot you can find the SS units for around $300 sometimes less.  The issue everyone is telling you about is the cabinet needs to have the blank panel in front removed and structure added 

https://www.diynetwork.com/videos/farmho...it-0221238
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.