Veritas Hold-Down
I love mine!!

Yes
Yes
Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(03-30-2018, 03:39 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Hank: that is good to know. However, this was my accomplishment for the weekend, so don't rain on my parade
Smile  
Smile  
Smile

Sorry! Didn't mean put a damper on your weekend. You're going to love the hold-down!
I also have one and it is my go-to when one hold-fast will do.  Beyond that I have a couple of excellent cast iron hold-fasts to augment it on larger pieces.
This is the best hold down to use in a sliding deadman. Mine is only about 1" thick, and the Veritas holds perfectly. 

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Anybody have a rec if I'm trying to decide between this one and the "fast-action" Veritas hold down with the cam?
I have used both: skip the "duck" hold down and get this one: it is better by far.

(03-31-2018, 08:46 PM)Dave in Denver Wrote: Anybody have a rec if I'm trying to decide between this one and the "fast-action" Veritas hold down with the cam?