Blum Soft Close
I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I've installed 10+ pairs of these and not all of them close softly. Is it possible they are to level in the cabinet? Your help is appreciated.
Raised
Jim
Side mount or under mount? 

Are they not closing on their own, or closing too rapidly?

If they are sticking or jamming, it is likely that your box to opening distance is not right.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Are you talking about hinges or slides?
Hinges have a button/switch to turn the soft close on or off.
(03-29-2018, 06:51 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I've installed 10+ pairs of these and not all of them close softly. Is it possible they are to level in the cabinet? Your help is appreciated.
Raised

OK. I guess I didn't state my case very good. These are under mount drawer slides. The drawers aren't sticking or rubbing any ware.  Again, your input is appreciated.
Jim
(03-30-2018, 06:57 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: OK. I guess I didn't state my case very good. These are under mount drawer slides. The drawers aren't sticking or rubbing any ware.  Again, your input is appreciated.

Without the drawer mounted on them, pull out slide and push back in.  Did they work then ?   You should feel a little resistance pulling out the drawer for the first inch or two, then when closing they start pulling the drawer closed when out about two inches.   They should have a part that catches on the slow close mechanism when you pull the drawer out and release as you continue to pull drawer out, as you push back in it catches back on it and the spring pulls it back in  against a hydraulic piston that slows it.    I never had a problem with the Blums but did with copycat brand .     Roly
Same here, never had a problem with Blum Blumotion slides not closing softly.  Are you sure your slides are soft close?  They make ones w/o the soft close feature.  The only problem I've occasionally had is getting the slide to latch securely to the locking mechanism under the front of the drawer.   

John
The only time I have had a problem is when I made a mathematical error and the box was slightly too small or too large for the mounted slides.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
(03-30-2018, 07:40 AM)Roly Wrote: Without the drawer mounted on them, pull out slide and push back in.  Did they work then ?   You should feel a little resistance pulling out the drawer for the first inch or two, then when closing they start pulling the drawer closed when out about two inches.   They should have a part that catches on the slow close mechanism when you pull the drawer out and release as you continue to pull drawer out, as you push back in it catches back on it and the spring pulls it back in  against a hydraulic piston that slows it.    I never had a problem with the Blums but did with copycat brand .     Roly

Thanks Roly. Big help!
Jim
The drawer side thickness can effect the fit of undermount slides. They are designed for specific side thickness and the box dimensions need to be adjusted for different side thicknesses.

If they work without the drawer, but not with it, the drawer is obviously the issue.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.