Woodpeckers is annoying me
(04-23-2018, 09:40 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Griffin Langford

griffinl@woodpeck.com

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. We recently had a sale on the T-squares which did cause them to go on extended backorder. We have provided our customers with backorder dates throughout and do not actually charge your card until your order is ready to ship. Without knowing these customers names or order numbers I cant look into their specific situation but its possible they have shipped by now. We are currently catching up with our T-square inventory and plan to have all the backorders filled and new inventory available by 4/27. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks and have a good day. 

The latest reply.  They had an "overwhelming amount of orders" which they could not fill, and yet they continued advertising the sale further burying themselves in back orders and complaints.  My issue was that they were continuing to advertise and the likelihood that that continuation would further push back my shipment.  

The really great thing about online advertising is that you can turn it on or off like a light switch.  They should have turned it off until they got caught up and then continued the sale if they wanted.  

Hello -

I am truly sorry for the delay.  These are due to come in from our assembly department on 4/20.  We had an overwhelming amount of orders on this sale.  Once your order ships out, you'll receive an email with the tracking information.

And this, this morning:

Good Morning Cooler,

No your order has not been fulfilled yet.  I do apologize for the delay.  We are waiting on receiving these in from our anodizing company.

Once your order has been fulfilled, that is when your American Express Card, will be charged, and you will also receive an email, with the tracking information, once it leaves here.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My Amex card just got charged.  I guess that means they are getting ready to ship.  No notification yet on shipping.
While very frustrating to wait, I hope you get your delivery soon.  Were I Woodpeckers, I might have posted an addendum to the advertising noting an extended delivery date.  I would not have shut down the ad, since, from a revenue perspective, I'd want as many orders as possible.  A similar phenomenon occurs on Amazon a lot with third party vendors.  They advertise "Only 1 Left!".  In actuality, they don't have any.  They will order the item from their wholesaler once you place your order.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It arrived.  Finally. 

It's almost too pretty to use.

It arrived mounted in a MDF custom holder.  And that in a fitted cardboard box.  And the cardboard box in a larger box with crumbled paper to keep it in place.

None of the boxes appear damaged, but the MDF corners suffered some damage.  Apparently the inertia in UPS handling was enough to damage the  corners.  

A nice product.  Everything else falls short however.
No Red rose in the box?
Mad
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-01-2018, 02:04 PM)Cooler Wrote: It arrived.  Finally. 

So what is that - a month?  Are you still blacklisting them?
(05-01-2018, 03:03 PM)Cian Wrote: So what is that - a month?  Are you still blacklisting them?
The order was placed on March 12th.  It arrived on April 28th.

Not exactly a black list.  If a Woodpecker product is the only one that would be satisfactory I would look for a re-seller that had it in stock.  I am quite certain that a busy retailer has more clout than a single buyer.  I would be amazed if my order was not pushed aside so that they could fill an order for 100 pieces to Hartville Hardware or some other big reseller.  

I feel certain that my order and the orders of other individuals were bumped back so that they could fill the orders for their big customers.

So, semi-black list.

1. I will look to find another manufacturer's product if it is as well made as I require.
  2. If only a Woodpecker product is going to suffice, then I will look for a big (BIG) reseller to place my order with.
  3. If that fails, I will prepare myself in advance for an absurdly long lead time for delivery. 
Cooler