Woodpeckers is annoying me
(03-30-2018, 11:57 AM)Cooler Wrote: It seems like the only product out there with the accuracy I want.  I have a sheetrock square and it is not quite square.

Maybe a Starrett T-square would be accurate enough. The negative reviews are probably from Woodpeckers owners who are embarrassed to have spent $129 on a T-square.

https://www.amazon.com/Starrett-T-36-Alu...B004RIDGT8
(03-30-2018, 01:22 PM)Cooler Wrote: Maybe Woodpeckers is not busy.  But they do everything on a CNC so they can setup for short runs with no problem. It is probably that the CNC machine is booked solid.  They should stop the promotion until they are nearly caught up.

Stopping a sale after you have advertised it will get you in all kids of legal problems.

It is also possible that the last time they ran this sale they sold 100 units, so they produced 100 for this sale.  Then perhaps they sold 101 units this time.  Now they need to make another batch.  It will take a few days to schedule the production, produce them, finish them and order that nice package they ship them in.  Forecasting is an art, not a science.  If they produce too many ahead of the sale, and don't sell them, they have money tied up in inventory.  This is money they need to purchase raw material for other products. 

I am familiar with the process.  In the past I wrote software to help material planners and production schedulers.  I still support such software, but now it is written by the big guys, like Oracle, JDA, SAP et. al..  All the statistical tools and artificial intelligence helps, but no one can forecast perfectly.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Only reason I’d buy that Starrett is because amazon has a good return policy.
Just got another email from Woodpeckers. Another two days added onto the delay.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I'm with you Cooler, I think it's about as irritating as getting renewal reminders from all of your magazine subscriptions a year (or more) before they expire.
They could have said "limited to stock on hand", and then stopped shipping when they ran out. Isn't this preferable?
(03-31-2018, 09:26 AM)Alan S Wrote: They could have said "limited to stock on hand", and then stopped shipping when they ran out.  Isn't this preferable?

While it is preferable to get the product you want but it is best if you have a real time frame so you can plan accordingly.  Imagine if this had been a gift or those they are selling today are?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Reading this thread, I'm reminded of all the people to whom I owe doweling jigs and template upgrades.

In my defense, I spotted some things I could do a heckuva lot better and decided to do so.
I am also annoyed with Woodpecker about the same product.  I ordered the 24" version of this and got it in a timely manner.  Unfortunately my purchase was a  week before it went on sale.

It's a great product, worth the wait.
A carpenter's house is never done.
We really are a instant gratification society aren't we?  Any amount of waiting has become too much, yet often when we receive the product we couldn't live without that we needed yesterday we let it sit on the table for a week or two before we get around to working with it.