Woodpeckers is annoying me
we get antsy when things are delayed because that usually means they are going to take more effort than it is worth.  A vendor should warn customers ahead of time that there will be a delay. The majority of the time when I don't hear back from a vendor right away, that means they have dropped the ball.
(04-03-2018, 10:52 AM)Cooler Wrote: They have stopped all production of T-12 bulbs as of July of 2014.  If it is on back order, my guess is that the inventory is gone and it is not coming. 

https://insights.regencylighting.com/the...nued-tubes

So, in 2009, the department [Department of Energy] announced the eventual phase out of the 1.5-inch-diameter fluorescent tubes. Production of the tubes would have to cease after July 14, 2012, the mandate said. Big-name manufacturers like Philips and Sylvania were granted two-year extensions on the deadline, but as soon as the phase out was announced, production began to decline, due to the impending restrictions, increased energy efficiency awareness, and emerging rebate programs targeting those with traditional T12 applications. 

Ayup. Knew that going in. But, Amazon took the order and said they would give me a ship date. Which they have asked once if I wanted to keep it or cancel. I'll keep it, as it's quantity of 15 bulbs for $26 and change.
So yea, I'll wait it out. My local lumber yards price is 10 dollars each.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-03-2018, 06:01 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ayup. Knew that going in. But, Amazon took the order and said they would give me a ship date. Which they have asked once if I wanted to keep it or cancel. I'll keep it, as it's quantity of 15 bulbs for $26 and change.
So yea, I'll wait it out. My local lumber yards price is 10 dollars each.

But currently you're working in your shop by candle light?  
Big Grin
Big Grin

Colin
(04-04-2018, 08:34 AM)Cdshakes Wrote: But currently you're working in your shop by candle light?  
Big Grin
Big Grin

Colin

If the delay keeps up I might
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-30-2018, 10:31 AM)Cooler Wrote: I ordered a T-square from Woodpeckers.

[Image: 31NG6chHuML._SX463_.jpg]

The 32" was on sale at $129.00.

I placed my order on March 12.  I got an email a few days later saying it was on back order and I would receive it on April 4th.  

In the meantime I have received several email solicitations from Woodpeckers showing the same T-square on sale with no mention that it would be on back order. 

When you go to the linked site it shows "will ship after 4/6/2018".

It seems to me that if you are conducting a "sale" you should have product to sell.
Many years ago when I was raising rabbits, I ordered a couple of rolls of galvanized wire for cages from a company in Missouri (I live in Minnesota). I dropped the envelope in a mail drop off box late one Thursday afternoon, and noticed that the box posted pickup time had been about 15 minutes earlier. I was quite surprised when early the following Saturday morning a freight truck showed up in my driveway with my wire! Then the following Monday or Tuesday, I got a form letter from the company apologizing that because of a fire in their warehouse the previous month they were working out of temporary quarters and this would have an impact of time needed to fill orders, asking for patience.
In the 1980's AMT, a hand gun manufacturer, came out with a compact .380 automatic.  It was very small and compact for the era, and priced well.  I was made entirely from investment cast components with no post casting machine work.  The slide was run through a time saver to give it a machined look, but it was all window dressing:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
It was an overnight success.  The factory was backed up for months and they went to 3 shifts.  They were really banging out guns.  But the quality suffered immensely.  

The one I got was very unreliable.  I wanted to send it back to the factory to be reworked, but they told me that they had a 6 to 8 month backlog on the reworked guns.  Instead I gave it to my gunsmith  who examined it and declined to work on it.  He said it was too rough and it would take more money to fix it than the gun cost in the first place.

The point is that when a company has huge back-orders it is a signal that  "all is not well", and often the quality suffers as a result.  I know how to check the accuracy of a try-square, but I cannot figure a way to check the accuracy of a T-square.  

All these delays do not bode well for the product or the company.  (AMT closed at one point, but a company with that same name is around again.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The last note I got from Woodpeckers was it would ship on 4/9/2018.  Nothing since.

I went to their site and they are listing "shipping after 4/27/2018" which is pretty open ended.

I wrote to them for a commitment on delivery.  This is ranging on "very absurd" to "not really in business".
Sounds to me like you should just cancel your order.
chris
I’m pretty close to that point.
Griffin Langford

griffinl@woodpeck.com

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. We recently had a sale on the T-squares which did cause them to go on extended backorder. We have provided our customers with backorder dates throughout and do not actually charge your card until your order is ready to ship. Without knowing these customers names or order numbers I cant look into their specific situation but its possible they have shipped by now. We are currently catching up with our T-square inventory and plan to have all the backorders filled and new inventory available by 4/27. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks and have a good day. 
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.