Jet Model afs-1000b air filter repair
(04-02-2018, 02:49 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Thanks for all the help, but I am in over my head.  Could someone please let me know exactly what to order and where?  I know I am being a pain, but I don't have a technical person to point me in the right direction.  Looks like a lot of variables such as volts, micro f, brands?  

Just tell me who to contact and what info I should give them, I can handle.  I would also do amazon, ebay, etc, but don't want to mess it up.

Thanks

This what I got from a website specific to the jet air filtration unit. 
Remove the controller board from the exhaust side of the unit by unscrewing the cover .Unplug the motor wire harness . Unbolt the ground wire and the circuit board will come out. There are 4 screws holding the PC board, remove them. A foam pad will drop out. Remember where it goes as it will be replaced.
The capacitor looks like a tootsie roll, black with 2 wires coming off one side. It is between the CPU chip and the big red square block. If it looks burnt, bloated or melted the capacitor is definitely bad .
That's it. Replace the PC board and the circuit board ,use a small drop of blue Loctite on the screws.
If the  capacitor cannot be found locally try DIGI-KEY Electronics website. This was recommended by an engineer that uses this company exclusively.
I hope this helps, I'm pretty much clueless myself about electronics. When I get a chance to work on mine I will pay someone to solder the capacitor. I know my limitations and electronics is one of them.

mike
How about a step by step repair video?

Found this on YouTube....how to replace the capacitor on the control board of a Jet air cleaner. Not sure you have same model, but chances are pretty good.

Capcitor replacement - Jet air filter
(04-02-2018, 02:49 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Thanks for all the help, but I am in over my head.  Could someone please let me know exactly what to order and where?  I know I am being a pain, but I don't have a technical person to point me in the right direction.  Looks like a lot of variables such as volts, micro f, brands?  

Just tell me who to contact and what info I should give them, I can handle.  I would also do amazon, ebay, etc, but don't want to mess it up.

Thanks

This is what I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-2200uf-10v...41ad0218b9

One the outside of the box on the control panel there is four screws, one at each corner. Remove them, the circuit board is right behind it. Mine was the cap that is circled.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Thanks you very much. I had removed the circuit board, and identified the capacitor, but I had no idea how to order a new one. I will do the ebay order next. I can handle the un and resoldering (rusty, but will get it). I just needed the part.

Thanks again.
P.S. I'll let you know if it works. Very low risk factor.
Just make sure you follow the polarity markings, the + and -.
Got the new capacitor today and installed it. It does nothing. None of the lights on the board light up. I have a smaller unit in the garage I might see it the board will interchange with to see for sure it is the board or something else. That would help me decide if the board is worth replacing.

I seem to have power as far as I can trace it.

Maybe this can be rigged up without the board, as long as the motor works. I could use a Christmas tree remote, just wouldn't have the 3 speeds. It's in my basement so reaching isn't a problem.
I powered it up without the board, and it seems to run fine. I guess there must be something else wrong with the board. Looks like I will pop for a new circuit board. Anyone see one for less than $99.00? I thought about purchasing a whole new unit maybe from Amazon, they have some for around $125.00. They look smaller and have a less powerful motor so I am probably better with what I have, unless you folks know of some great deal?

Thanks for all you help, it was worth the effort. You can't win them all.
(04-07-2018, 07:55 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I powered it up without the board, and it seems to run fine.  I guess there must be something else wrong with the board.  Looks like I will pop for a new circuit board.  Anyone see one for less than $99.00?  I thought about purchasing a whole new unit maybe from Amazon, they have some for around $125.00.  They look smaller and have a less powerful motor so I am probably better with what I have, unless you folks know of some great deal?

Thanks for all you help, it was worth the effort.  You can't win them all.

Can you post a pic of the board? Id hate to see you drop a c-note if you dont have to.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I will have pictures ASAP, my wife does the posting for me, and Woodnet won't allow us to post right now.