PC nail gun question
Shocked 
I need a Porter Cable 890725 Urethane Retainer

anyone else have this issue?  Looks to be nothing more than a rubber ring that is supposed to fit snug instead of a c clip.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Holds the pin for the trigger. They die of old age.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(03-30-2018, 11:15 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I need a Porter Cable 890725 Urethane Retainer

anyone else have this issue?  Looks to be nothing more than a rubber ring that is supposed to fit snug instead of a c clip.

Feed that number to Google and the first result is e replacement parts for $3. I don't understand why they used that o ring in that way. Guess it was cheaper than an eclip.
(03-31-2018, 08:21 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: Feed that number to Google and the first result is e replacement parts for $3. I don't understand why they used that o ring in that way. Guess it was cheaper than an eclip.

Yep. Easier to put on I suppose.

Bob. Run down to HF and pick up a box of assorted o-rings. Fairly sure the small one will fit your needs.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks for the responses I was thinking there has to be something more than just a rubber donut.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(03-31-2018, 10:55 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Thanks for the responses I was thinking there has to be something more than just a rubber donut.

You must have one of the latest (within 5-6 years) guns.
Mine are all 10 years and older, and have roll pins on  the triggers.
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-31-2018, 11:28 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: You must have one of the latest (within 5-6 years) guns.
Mine are all 10 years and older, and have roll pins on  the triggers.

It came from that clean out I did a few months back.  The one I have been using up until now is 
hitachi but this was closer to where I was working and I wanted to see if there was much difference.  
I am thinking Hitachi has the win.  I have 2 of their framers that have been dropped and abused neither has 
shown any signs of failure and the 15g hitachi has done well while enduring worse

Phil Thien

PC went downhill when Dewalt got ahold of them.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Had the same problem on my PC nail gun. Get the assorted pack from Harbor Freight. The pin that holds the trap door, on the front of the magazine will be next to go if it's like mine. Duct tape over the hole on the other side keeps the pin from backing out, while you finish the job.
John
(03-31-2018, 11:42 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: PC went downhill when Dewalt got ahold of them.

I don't know for sure these are related but have you noticed that after B & D got hold of Porter Cable, The B & D Firestorm line disappeared?