Logosol H410 throwing to much dust.
Hello friends, I have small question regarding my Logosol H410  model. I have noticed when I use the thickness planer tend to through too much dust on the wood and in the floor. I have changed the blades to a new sharp one, I cleaned inside all the dust and still acting funny. My dust collecter is 2hp and it ok, dose any body own a machine like this and run into this situation.

16" planer and a 12" jointer need a much nicer dc imo. Try a 3-5hp cyclone.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-31-2018, 11:50 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: 16" planer and a 12" jointer need a much nicer dc imo. Try a 3-5hp cyclone.

thank you very much for your reply. Is there anyway I can upgrage the motor be 3 or 4 hp. But if i have changed the motor need to change the blades or dose not make any difference

(04-01-2018, 12:50 AM)alsayyed Wrote: thank you very much for your reply. Is there anyway I can upgrage the motor be 3 or 4 hp. But if i have changed the motor need to change the blades or dose not make any difference

Adding more hp won't help without a larger impeller which means a larger housing which means you need a bigger machine. Dust collectors are like air compressors, go bigger than you forsee needing.
Yes, get a 3-5 hp cyclone with a tall body and it will come with a larger impeller and most likely a 8" intake.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-31-2018, 08:11 PM)alsayyed Wrote: Hello friends, I have small question regarding my Logosol H410  model. I have noticed when I use the thickness planer tend to through too much dust on the wood and in the floor. I have changed the blades to a new sharp one, I cleaned inside all the dust and still acting funny. My dust collecter is 2hp and it ok, dose any body own a machine like this and run into this situation.

Are you hooked up directly to the planer? If so hook up a trash can and dust collector lid or a wood box with two PVC 3" toilet flanges to the box. The hose will fit over the flange nipples .
You will need 2 hose clamps too.
The box goes between the DC and the Planer. The large chips fall into the box and the dust into the bags.
A neighbour has one though his was sold under the maker's name Moretens. Before I bought my own 24" Stenberg combination I often used his.

A 2 hp dust collector is on the small side. 3hp with a bigger impeller is a lot better. Pipes instead of flexible hose also helps. Pulling the jointer fence towards the front before you use the planer also helps.

Dust collection is however one of the weak points of this machine just like almost all jointer/planers of this type with fixed tables. You will always need to blow out the dust with pressure air now and then to keep if from choking and there will always be some dust coming out front and back.

Otherwise it is a very good machine for it's price.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(04-03-2018, 02:47 PM)TGW Wrote:  

Otherwise it is a very good machine for it's price.
what you have said is true. I am happy with this machine i have sharpened the blades several times and still going very well. European they do good machines but when it comes to read the manual is very limited and not enough information, customer service is rubbish. Where  American machine the manual is super and it is to follow, even is so simple for customer that the English native is not thiere language.