Apologies- More Nice Hand Tools to be Sold
First, I want to thank my pals here for having given me years of good cheer on this forum-specifically Hand Tools ( oddly enough, I tend to write that as one word but it always gets flagged). From time to time I marched upstairs to Power Tools and was well treated there as well.  I do not have the photos you will all desire - you who may be interested may have to settle for email communication to get those. For years I have been at war with Photobucket.

PLEASE GIVE ME 2-3 DAYS TO RESEARCH PRICES BEFORE CALLING OE SENDING EMAILS. !!!

Next, I also apologize for pricing issues. I have not been around the market enough to set prices appropriate to genuine handtool users and buyers. I will do my best to set fair prices- I do not consider ebay a real guide-many morons shopping there. While I need the money, I still have a dedicated respect to premium and nice vintage tools. I am going to offer brief list  (as is practicable) of what is for sale.

One of the reasons I had to move was what had been paid for as a dry basement for my shop turned into a progressively more wet and stubbornly humid Shop. I waxed my tools and also oiled them. Some of you old-timers will recall that the first "Niagra Falls" event was a total surprise- thus, many of my planes have soles that show the quilting pattern of the WD-40 treated movers' pad upon which they sat. Some even have reasonably small patches of remaining rust. I have not attempted removal in the interest of complete honesty. Several of my finest were renewed by "rarebear," aka Johnny Kleso. There is quite a mix, including some that have real sentimental importance to me because of how or from whom I acquired them. As example-- Alf helped me get a complete 045 Record Plow, complete with vintage box and complete irons. She got me a companion Rapier ( like M-F as related to Stanley) small plow with fragile box and all irons.  And perhaps one of the most precious, an L-N 10 1/4  I got from Mike Wenzloff when he was collecting capital for his custom saw shop. I asked him to inlay his saw medallion into the cherry tote. Also, few of these planes have NOT been upgraded with modern steel and TYPES never meant much to me- I refuse to try to "type" them and I will not try to find original irons or cap irons. (most have Hock or L-N or more exotic irons and caps) I will be offering the $300+ set of Two Cherries Miniature chisels greatly expanded with Pfeils as well. Probably one of the most complete and useful (unused, mostly) sets of small chisels you will ever see-with tool roll. And, most all of the modern planes have their boxes( for you A-R types.)

HERE WE GO:

!.  A correct #2 Stanley with original wood and beautiful replica quality coco wood installed. A previous owner did try to do fine flattening- I do NOT subscribe to the ultimate flatness school, and thus, left as it was- no fake parts! SW iron

2. Perhaps my favorite of the rarebears- a gorgeous 606 ( the "hell" with Patrick)-- Hock iron and cap

3. Another rarebear # 3 Bailey-Hock or L-N steel

4 Another rarebear # 604 - Hock or L-N steel

5. A pristine Millers Falls #3

6 A vintage Record 4 1/2 with Anderson HS Tool Steel iron. I redid the rosewood to factory condition. My best "smoother."

7.Very nice Stanley 287, but like most, the wrong fence -- a #78 fence and I will include a decent #78 for the humor of it.

8. The Record 045-complete with wooden box

9 The Rapier #3 Plough

10. The 044 Record complete with a bit tattered original box.

NOW, IF THOSE DON'T GET YOU SLOBBERING ALL OVER, HERE ARE MORE-MODERN HIGH QUALITY;

11. Veritas  large Router Plane with extra irons

12, Medium Veritas Shoulder Plane

13 Veritas Scraper Plane-plain and toothed irons

14. SURPRISE- very nice vintage Stanley 12 1/2- all rosewood and metal intact and quite clean

15. L-N 10 1/4 from Wenzloff with his saw medallion beautifully inlaid low on tote ( this one hurts)

16. Special order L-N # 9 box miter- threaded on both sides for front knob, with "hotdog" and beautiful cocobolo

17. The PAIR- L-N Skew Block Planes -complete, only got to use as planned once or twice-Bronze , and, YOU GUESSED IT-- beautiful dark      cocobolo knobs -r used  twice one each edge of an ebony fretboard/ guitar "finger board" 

19. TEASER- saws aplenty, L-N, Wenzloff, Spruce Mills ( Epoxied backs, pair joinery saws coco) , Can't recall expert maker of pair of joinery saw with slotted backs, cocobolo-never used, Wenzloff Short Back ( blade shape very similar to a #9 Disston) with Imbuia, used twice but you guys would never know, a new L-N 14 ppi Rip, nice but not mint Disston backsaw, vintage Harvey Peace backsaw

20. L-N # 66 Beading- haven't found the set of inserts yet--one 3/8 radius iS installed

I AM NOT SEEKING A BIDDING TYPE DEAL SNEAKING THROUGH MY EMAIL!!!! I WILL DO A "REASONABLE" NUMBER OF PHOTOS OF ALL OF IT. DO NOT,PLEASE, TRY BIDDING. I RESPECT THE FULES OF THIS GREAT FORUM ( WELL, MAYBE EXCEPT WHEN I CHALLENGED TODD TO A DUEL WITH .45 ACP 1911'S AT A DISTANCE WHICH REQUIRED A HELLUVA LOT MORE THAN ANGER--IT REQUIRED DEADLY CONFIDENCE AND SKILL---STILL FEEL LUCKY I DID NOT GET BOUNCED FOR THAT. I HAVE BEEN ASKED ABOUT IT ON SEVERAL OTHER FORUMS !!!  THOSE WHO KNOW ME WELL,  ACCEPT THAT I WOULD HAVE HONORED THE DEMAND AND IN THOSE DAYS COULD HAVE PAID FOR OUR FLIGHTS TO DOM REP----ONE ROUND TRIP, ONE " NO RETURN FLIGHT" RESERVATION  .HELL, I've BEEN SHOT ONCE WITH A SHOTGUN-BURNS LIKE THE DEVIL BUT BEEN HURT LOTS WORSE IN A RACING CRASH !!! <> <>

You may ask questions by email but please don't use up bytes here !!!  I insist on following forum rules but if you inundate my butt with silly stuff, we are done. e.g. I will not get out the .0001 resolution digital calipers or Starrett mics to measure mouths, or thicknesses, or any other silly questions. No one, anywhere has felt I did not deliver exactly what was described and I just don't,  in my clearly senior years status, feel like dealing with distrustful morons ( see, mid-point of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" as spoken by Struther Martin- and, his whole down the mountain and up scenes; they are  a genuine life-lesson all of us  should treasure ).

MY email: jetobey@msn.com and for grins and expecting an 85% adult population here, my phone is 563 210 3693***** BTW. I hate texting!!!
Well, Judge, we'll all be looking forward to seeing the pics....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I’m curious, why not wait to post this until you have pictures and prices? Seems poorly timed. No offense of course. And I didn’t read the whole thing of that matters.
(04-03-2018, 05:38 PM)cvillewood Wrote: I’m curious, why not wait to post this until you have pictures and prices?  Seems poorly timed. No offense of course. And I didn’t read the whole thing of that matters.
Many folks will want to see 4-5 photographs- multiply that by the number of tools listed- for me, that is a real undertaking. And, I would prefer to spend time communicating with truly interested buyers. I, too, enjoyed viewing what nice tools members were selling, but, it would make for a huge post. I surmised that folks could get an idea of whether I am offering something they would want ( at least, in the past, we did not use the word "need" around here <>).
Thank you for alerting me to my poor judgment.
Photobucket is a total loss, but you can now post pics here directly. It goes a bit more smoothly if you re-size the pics to 800x600 or a bit less.

Also, with as long a list as I suspect, you might consider telling us roughly where you are (the forum software change lost that info until you add it back in). Seems like I saw you on the map, but I have no idea even how to find the map any more.

As much as I would like to see the pics and drool (and possibly see if I type fast enough), it might be easier for you to host a WN meet and greet to do the initial sell-off once you figure out your prices.

Sorry that it sounds like your life is being challenging these days. I hope that it gets better soon.

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I totally understand where you’re coming from with the pictures, but how about a price at least? Most forums require pricing, even with a long winded reason.
See bullet # 2 from the rules here:
Clearly state what you're selling or looking for, and the price you have in mind.

Spend that time pricing the items. That’s harsh I know, but reality. Sorry to hijack your post but I think a lot of folks would agree. Good luck.
Sorry but need pictures and prices....
Jerry
Mtobey, it's been a long time! How're you doing? I hope all has been well with you. Count me in with the curious. Please send me pics and prices when you can. I recall we've done a few deals years ago, and you've always been fair and reliable. I'm interested in several of the new and vintage items.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Dang, are you all afraid to email him? I am, because I will end up digging into my fall vacation money on something shinny.
So, $5 for the Veritas large shoulder plane?

carl