Vintage Hand Saws / Price Reduction
Older saws are rare in this condition.  Here are two of E. C. Atkins' finest saws, No. 51's, that were acquired from one well-known collector.  As he used to say: "I like shiny!"  Atkins saws were made right downtown in Indianapolis, IN. where the USPS facility now sits. 
The first one is a NOS, or new-old-stock No.51, 22" panel saw, filed 10 ppi cross-cut.  NOS means it has the original box, packing and was never used.  Premier makers, even though they can't taper-grind a saw plate the way this one is, are getting $275. to $350. for their's today.  The handle is apple. There are a few small black spots on the reverse side of the saw plate. I would guess that this saw was made in the late forties to fiftiesl.[Image: IMG_0183.jpg][Image: IMG_0181.jpg][Image: IMG_0178.jpg][Image: IMG_0187.jpg][Image: IMG_0186.jpg][Image: IMG_0194.jpg][Image: IMG_0195.jpg]

This is the same model family and vintage  as the saw above, the No.51; only this one made it out of the box and then apparently hung on a peg, possibly unused.  It is still sharp.  Same apple handle as the other saw and the 26" full plate is filed 8ppi crosscut.  These two saws make a great set for the hand tool woodworker to have near the bench. 

Payable through Pay Pal .  I also had custom boxes made for shipping and storage of the saws.
[Image: IMG_0173.jpg][Image: IMG_0175.jpg][Image: IMG_0176.jpg][Image: IMG_0190.jpg][Image: IMG_0177.jpg]Plate is much brighter than this photo shows.
Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
-Both saws shipped together in one box (not the original NOS box) for a total cost of $250., delivered.
                                                                                -or-
-Either saw for $125.00 plus $18.00 Priority shipping. In this case the NOS panel saw will come with all of the original packaging, inside a special shipping box.
(04-06-2018, 08:59 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
-Both saws shipped together in one box (not the original NOS box) for a total cost of $250., delivered.
                                                                                -or-
-Either saw for $125.00 plus $18.00 Priority shipping. In this case the NOS panel saw will come with all of the original packaging, inside a special shipping box.

They are sure nice Mike!!

Wish I had the funds.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-06-2018, 08:59 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
                                                                                -or-

The saws are now on reserve by a Woodnetter.  I will still take questions and comments about them.