Glass Cook Top
I have some spots (ok a lot of spots) that I'm having quite a difficult time removing. Beyond the normal cleaning stuff on the shelves in the stores, what have you found that really works? Yes I understand elbow grease, but I need more help than that!
Big Grin
Jim
Have you tried Bon Ami scouring powder? (nary a scratch) That's what i use and it always seems to get it clean.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I use a razor blade to get up that stuff.
you can get plastic razor blades that won't scratch from a sign shop or hobby store
I bought the special cleaner and pads for cleaning the top, but so far my housekeeper has not had to use it.

I did find it curious when the user guide said not to allow sugar to melt or burn on the surface of the glass.

This what GE recommends:
[Image: cerama-bryte-range-parts-pm10x310ds-64_1000.jpg]
It comes in a kit with sponges.  Do not use Scotchbrite, it will scratch the surface.

https://www.amazon.com/Cerama-Bryte-Best...eramabryte

I have a induction top and it is less likely to burn stuff.  So no rehab yet.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have had pretty good luck with soft scrub. I put it on and let it sit for a while just before it dries up I scrub it off usually just with a paper towel. I tried once with a scotch pad but that is a little bit too aggressive. I think if you got one of the softer ones that wasn't green like the white ones you use for grout? Or use an old green one that isn't quite so abrasive.
I let it soak for an hour with Windex, then use an old music cd or dvd to use as a scraper, then follow up with the scrung pad and finally an alcohol polish* for it to shine.

*70% alcohol in a spray bottle.
I am telling you guys, a regular steel razor blade will work. Wife has been using it for years and it hasn't messed up the top yet. Hasn't messed up the design imprints in the top either.

Wife can cook, but she has a bad habit of putting the burner on high at the get go. Plenty of stuff gets burned onto the surface. We keep an old-school razor scraper in the drawer next to the stove.

Clean the top with a regular kitchen cleaner, the scrap up what's left behind. Then wax the top with the stove top glass polish stuff to make it look like new.
We've had success with both a razor blade (keep a low angle) and Sam's Club degreaser concentrate. It's about $7/gal....spray it on full strength, let it sit for a minute and then the razor blade. Comes right off. Plenty of other uses for the degreaser as well.
(04-05-2018, 02:31 PM)Scoony Wrote: I am telling you guys, a regular steel razor blade will work. Wife has been using it for years and it hasn't messed up the top yet. Hasn't messed up the design imprints in the top either.  

I's a good point, and I have also done that. But when I've used the razor blade it still seemed like there was some trace material left behind. I get that with the Bon Ami I mentioned. But the steel razor has never scratched the surface of any of the glass tops we have or had.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.