Glass Cook Top
(04-05-2018, 09:00 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I have some spots (ok a lot of spots) that I'm having quite a difficult time removing. Beyond the normal cleaning stuff on the shelves in the stores, what have you found that really works? Yes I understand elbow grease, but I need more help than that!
Big Grin

I use what is recommended ( glass-ceramic cooktop cleaner ) after each use, never had any problems keeping it clean. Going on 10 years.
AARP plastic card I get in the junk mail.  When it is really stubborn, I grab a regular razor blade.  I use the plastic to scrape counter tops, floors, etc, so it is always close at hand.  Like a couple of others, I have no qualms about using the steel razor blade on the glass stove top.  It is just not already close by when I need it.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
The kit came with a scrubbing sponge and a plastic “razor blade”. I agree, use the manufacturer’s recommendation. Most times just a damp rag is required on an induction top, which does not fet as hot as a conventional top. It only gets its heads by transference from the pot or pan.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-05-2018, 09:18 AM)Scoony Wrote: I use a razor blade to get up that stuff.

we have a cook top cleaner that is essentially a razor blade in a plastic handle.  I haven't had issues with it scratching the cook top
Thanks everyone! I always thought a razor blade was taboo for the surface. it did the trick and with relative easy work.
Jim
(04-08-2018, 07:49 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Thanks everyone! I always thought a razor blade was taboo for the surface. it did the trick and with relative easy work.

Use it with some soapy water so the stuff you're scraping off will float off the surface. Depending on how long it cooked, the burnt stuff might be harder than the glass.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Another +1 for razor blades
Easy-Off HEAVY DUTY Oven Cleaner [yellow top!]
Let it "cook" for awhile and then attack it with a single-edge blade.
Or or fold a bath towel to the size of the cook top and saturate it with water and leave it overnight.  

Or put some mayonnaise on the spots and leave it overnight and wipe off.  Mayo is about 90% oil and does not flow.  The oil will soften most baked on stuff.

Both of the above are very safe to use for the operator and the equipment.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-05-2018, 09:00 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I have some spots (ok a lot of spots) that I'm having quite a difficult time removing. Beyond the normal cleaning stuff on the shelves in the stores, what have you found that really works? Yes I understand elbow grease, but I need more help than that!
Big Grin

Was this you? 
Big Grin