No slip mat that won't imprint the finish
I didn't know where to stick this question but finishing seems to make the most sense. I have used things like shelf and drawer liners as no slip pads underneath cabinets that sit on top of a table or dresser. I've had bad results because some kind of solvent seems to Off gas and leave a perfect imprint on one or both contact  surfaces. Can anybody recommend a relatively thin pad or sheet of material I can use underneath a small cabinet that rests on her dresser which will provide some anti-slip and not be too obvious. Thanks for your help.
First of all you have to allow for a full cure, which for most finishes I believe is about 200 hours (about 7 days).  

I would think a breathable pad would be best.  Felt comes to mind.  It comes in various colors and in thicknesses up to  1".  It has some slip resistance, but it  is not in the same class as silicon rubber.

My second choice would be cork.  It is a natural product.  Some of it is just harvested in sheets.  Some of it is made like particle board.  I think the natural version would be superior for this purpose.

I don't know where to get it in small quantities.

I put a glass table top on top of 3M "bumpons and I cannot pry the glass off the top.  I'm afraid I will shatter it if I pry harder.

https://www.mantoncork.com/cork-products/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Never thought of cork, terrific idea. Thank you. I can buy it in rolls, locally in in my craft store. Great solution Cooler!
Consider covering the entire bottom of your piece. It will spread the weight over more square inches and possibly reduce the risk of imprinting. But do wait for a “full cure” before pitting anything on the surface for an extended time.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
LV sells anti-slip material (same as used in woodworking hockey pucks). Free shipping until Tues. Give it a try.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard