Anyone here have a profitable woodworking business?
I've been running a woodworking business as my side hustle for the past few years, and it's been a fulfilling journey. I primarily focus on custom furniture, and it's been fairly profitable.
A big part of my success has been understanding the marketing aspect - identifying my target audience, studying competitors, and maintaining an effective online presence. For this, I've been using this AdSpy software, which helps me monitor my competitors' strategies and see what works best in the woodworking space.
This tool provides valuable insights, helping me optimize my own ads for better reach and engagement. While there are quite a few factors involved in making a woodworking business profitable, efficient advertising is definitely a crucial one.
(10-17-2023, 04:03 AM)40Grit Wrote: I've been running a woodworking business as my side hustle for the past few years, and it's been a fulfilling journey. I primarily focus on custom furniture, and it's been fairly profitable.

What do you make?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I have been running a woodworking business for the last almost 10 years. It has been up and down, I do the best with building decks and closest and book shelving.

I think the market is softening, but in general that work is always fun. I cant say the customers are always easy to deal with but thats another story.
My son's main job is installing high end kitchen/bath and laundry room cabinets. They come premade and he does the install and a lot of  customizing.. He is swamped. His hobby is woodworking and he sells. His first was a Sam Maloof chair the lady had to have. He shot her a crazy price and she didn't blink an eye. Word of mouth has kept him busy in that avenue but he says he'd hate to depend on it for a living as it'd take the fun out of it.