Fantastic Oliver miter trimmer on Maine CL-not mine
This looks like one awesome piece! Never saw one before-I know nothing about it or the seller, just thought it is share worthy.

More pics on CL

https://maine.craigslist.org/tls/d/olive...09002.html

Oliver #3 Miter Trimmer - $1000 (Norway Me)

Oliver #3 Ships Wheel Miter trimmer.

With extra set of blades.
I think it weighs about 500 lbs.
Can be disassembled for easy transport.

[Image: 01414_3EjgV33mzkG_1200x900.jpg]

[Image: 00f0f_kWwXt5alDPe_1200x900.jpg]
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
If it were closer I would get it for cool value.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-06-2018, 10:06 PM)Bob10 Wrote: If it were closer I would get it for cool value.

Looks funky to use alone, perhaps a two man unit?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-07-2018, 08:24 AM)Admiral Wrote: Looks funky to use alone, perhaps a two man unit?

Looks like it should be mounted on a Pirate ship.  Steering and torture in one spot.  I have a tiny version of that by Lion
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I'd go look just to out of curiosity but it's 1 1/2 hrs away. Wish he had posted the size or had something in the pcs for scale.

g

I did not know that there was an Emmerts Patternmakers Vise and Lion Trimmer Hunters Blog website.

From that link:
Quote: I can't begin to tell you how excited I am at the sight of this Oliver Universal N0. 3 Mitre Trimmer for sale! Oliver Machinery Early History shows that this trimmer is incredibly rare and was likely produced between the years of 1897-98 by American Machinery Co. Unlike all of the other miter trimmers on this blog to date the #3 uses a large "Ships Wheel" rather than a lever. This trimmer has been beautiful restored and I suggest you keep an eye on this one, because it will sell for a tremendous price! Auction ends Jan 12th 2007. The trimmer is in the Chestertown, MD area.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Wow that thing weighting it at 500 lbs and looks like it is 4' tall and looks like it would take care of a 2x4 easy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Oh wow I have the Lion miter trimmer which is great but now I'm a bit jealous
Laugh
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-10-2018, 11:06 AM)alanealane Wrote: Oh wow I have the Lion miter trimmer which is great but now I'm a bit jealous
Laugh

It's only money!!
Wink Plus you get a trip to Maine!

g