Yet Another Tool I Never Knew I Needed: Stanley 386
The Stanley 386 Jointer Gauge: a very nice add-on to your jointer (or other size) plane for keeping edges at just the angle you
are shooting for.  I've always found it challenging to keep the edge 90° to the face when planing. This gauge makes up for lack of skill, although it does come at a price ($$).  Try one: you will like it.

[Image: 00r0r_ctlKd5foHLW_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00a0a_6XWiF18JsEF_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00j0j_44FvgIm9HCH_600x450.jpg]
Millers Falls has a similar fence, model 88. It’s usually a bit cheaper on EBay. I have both, not much difference between them.
I picked one up yesterday.  I already have one so this one might end up in S&S
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I have the MF gage, but another I have, that I really like, the the Lee Valley magnetic fence. With the MF, I buggered up japanning putting it on.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Veritas has a modern iteration:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,41182
[Image: 05P3008s2.jpg]
[Image: 05P3008s3.jpg]
And you may have just helped me decide what to get in the current LV free shipping promo. 
Cool
I found a 386 at a flea market for a Jackson.

But mine had a jointer attached to it.

Carl
(04-09-2018, 11:01 AM)Carl Grover Wrote: I found a 386 at a flea market for a Jackson.

But mine had a jointer attached to it.

Carl
Both the ones I have were the same way.  This last one was attached to a number 8 size jointer that seems to have no name, looks really old
there may be writing on the blade but I haven't looked at it with glasses on yet to see what it says
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-08-2018, 02:52 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I have the MF gage, but another I have, that I really like, the the Lee Valley magnetic fence.  With the MF, I buggered up japanning putting it on.

I just use these http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...56084&ap=1 after establishing a straight edge to ensure a 90.  Handy little devils.  Suppose I could use my Rabbet or plow plane  (fenced) to do the same, but I bought them later, and reach for the blocks out of habit.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Mickey Mouse is correct about how usefulness of the edge trim plane. Mine is well used and we are ol' shop friends.

Besides Lee Valley, thee is the Lie Nielse:
https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/join...?node=4169
I got the kid out to see what it said on the plane and it is a Fulton if I had to guess made before the 50's

Phil Thien