r/ orbital sander vac. advice
I need to get a portable vacuum for my r/orbital sanders/ dewalt, and I figure that there's no better place than here for the best advice. I definitely want the hepa filter system, I'm looking at this one but I would like to hear what you all have to say.
  I'm not opposed to other brands, quality and of course price are what we all look for.
400.00 is about my range.
Any good deals out there?

Thanks for the help.

Bud
Designed by Ray Charles... Built by Stevie Wonder...
For dust collection, a portable dust collector will do a better job. Amazon lists several under $200.00.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I just set up a DC system for my sanders and other hand power tools using a Fein Turbo I coupled to an Oneida Dust Deputy (both successful entries on my 2017 Christmas wish list).  It works very well...not HEPA, but very little dust gets past the DD into the vacuum.  Not sure how the Fein vac compares to the DW vac, but it's about $150 less.  I think you can add a HEPA filter to the Fein for around 100 bux.
Bob
Let me tell you how this will end......Festool dust extractor AND Festool sander. If you are working in a home and you are serious about containing the finest particles produced in woodworking....you'll bite the bullet and spend the money. You'll also be glad you did. Buy them together for a slight savings. All the haters can jump in now but I speak truth.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I agree with Richard.
John T.
I use my Ridgid shop vac with a 35mm Bosch vacuum hose. It gets all of the dust as far as I can tell, even with drywall.

I love my Festool stuff, but I don't know that that's really necessary for sanding. Maybe I'm missing something.
Couldn't be happier with my CT26/Ultimate Dust Deputy/Mirka Abranet set up.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Thanks for all the advice, The Festool surprisingly isn't as expensive as I thought it would be.
If I was younger I would consider building a shop with Festools but I've got a complete working
shop and I'm basically looking for more dust control with the R/ orbital sanders.
Thanks again
Bud
Designed by Ray Charles... Built by Stevie Wonder...
I use a Ridgid shop vac and a Dust Deputy.  Works well....as long as I remember to empty it before it gets full. 
Crazy
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I have the big brother of that Dewalt you linked to and it’s a solid performer. The hose is a little bigger than the ones on my festools so that’s a little cumbersome. It also runs way longer after the sander cuts off than the festools do. It’s a minor quibble but it’s surprisingly annoying in practice. The filters for my Dewalt are pretty pricey although I think there’s only one on the one you linked to, so use bags. Given the price range and your intended use I’d just get a Festool mini and call it a day. If all you want is sanding dust it will be enough capacity. I have my dewalt because I have a buddy that works for Stanley and got it free.

Edit to add: I don’t find it to be any louder than my festools. It’s much quieter than a regular shop vac. That’s just in practice use, no empirical data reading ms or anything.
-Marc