Added the Incra Fence to my slider
Incra Fence is on and we are finally cutting.  So far just some deck lumber for a neighbor, I still need to go through the squaring / alignment procedure for the saw.

Looking like lemonade to me!
That is a great looking setup. It is huge.
(04-09-2018, 07:58 AM)stav Wrote: That is a great looking setup. It is huge.

Yeah, I had to reconfigure the shop so it will work, but I think it will be ok.  I had to 180 my feed direction which bothers me but I am going to make it work.  With that base I can move forward if I have to and open the garage door.  I don't like to work with the saw with the door open, it draws attention and I don't want to bother my neighbors. I am excited to try some of the cool operations this thing was designed for.  I have some cabinets and other panels I need to do and this should make getting square panels much easier.
Why use the Incra fence? I have a Hammer K3, which has a double-sided fence. I would imagine that this style is infinitely more useful than the Incra on a slider. I know you had problems with your saw - was the fence one of the casualties? What was the reason for deciding on the Incra?

The Hammer fence here has a Wixey added on ...

[Image: image.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Yes, the fence was mangled beyond repair.  I don't use a router in my TS, so for me the Incra was a good fit.  I like the repeatability, and the tslots in the fence for attaching things.  What you have is what I was going to try, digital readout etc, but it didnt happen.  I thought about trying to order just the fence face from someone but I wasn't sure it would fit.
Yes, the fence was mangled beyond repair.

Did MM come to the party at all? A banged up fence would have been so obviously damaged in transit.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com