SOLD - L-N small, bronze flat spokeshave
L-N small, bronze flat  spokeshave, used and in excellent condition. Blade just sharpened and ready to go. A few small surface discolorations typical of bronze aging. These small spokeshaves excel for small or delicate shaping. Shipped for $80 Paypal F & F. (New from L-N for $95 plus shipping).

[Image: lnss.jpg]

[Image: lnss1.jpg]
(04-09-2018, 04:06 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: New in box, L-N small shoulder plane. Blue plastic bag is still sealed.

Shipped to you for $155 Paypal F & F. (L-N price is $165 plus shipping).).

[Image: lnsp.jpg]

L-N small, bronze flat  spokeshave, used and in excellent condition. Blade just sharpened and ready to go. A few small surface discolorations typical of bronze aging. These small spokeshaves excel for small or delicate shaping. Shipped for $80 Paypal F & F. (New from L-N for $95 plus shipping).

[Image: lnss.jpg]

[Image: lnss1.jpg]

Using F&F for a commercial transaction is simple theft. Why don't you add the 4% to the price?
David, I used to think as you do. F&F still charges a fee, but the buyer pays it instead of the seller.

It does not come with buyer protections, however, so that is a consideration if you don't have previous experience with the seller.

An alternative is for the buyer to add 3% to the purchase price, which I have found is acceptable to most sellers.

Your suggestion is also valid, but makes the price seem like less of a good deal.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(04-09-2018, 07:01 PM)Martin S. Wrote: David, I used to think as you do.  F&F still charges a fee, but the buyer pays it instead of the seller.

It does not come with buyer protections, however, so that is a consideration if you don't have previous experience with the seller.

An alternative is for the buyer to add 3% to the purchase price, which I have found is acceptable to most sellers.

Your suggestion is also valid, but makes the price seem like less of a good deal.

F&F has absolutely no fees. Sorry. I've used it many times to send money to, yes, friends or family. There are no fees, period.

If you exchange goods and/or services via paypal and pay using F&F, you are violating their terms of service. If you don't want to pay their fees, ask for payment by check or money order. It is indefensible to ask for F&F payment for a good or service. It is stealing.
FF does indeed charge a fee if using a credit card to pay. Not arguing...just fact. Hope the seller makes the sale
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Using F&F for a transction is not stealing, no more than writing a check (which you would not think as "stealing"). Using F&F is simply waiving rights and protections that come with PayPal's service charge. Transactions with Friends and family do not typically need those rights and protections.
Pm sent on ln small shoulder

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(04-09-2018, 08:52 PM)alanealane Wrote: FF does indeed charge a fee if using a credit card to pay. Not arguing...just fact. Hope the seller makes the sale

From the PayPal FAQ:

"Sending money – Personal payments:
There are no fees within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of your PayPal balance and bank account.

For more information on the fees to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card please visit our fees page.

Receiving money – Personal payments:
It's free to receive money from friends or family in the U.S. when they send the money from the PayPal website using only their PayPal balance or their bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.
(04-09-2018, 10:08 PM)brad jansen Wrote: Using F&F for a transction is not stealing, no more than writing a check (which you would not think as "stealing").  Using F&F is simply waiving rights and protections that come with PayPal's service charge. Transactions with Friends and family do not typically need those rights and protections.

From the PayPal FAQ:
  • Lastly, it is against the PayPal User Agreement to accept personal payments for the sale of goods and services.  The ability to receive personal payments could be disabled if the feature is abused.  That's not something we want to have happen with any customer as they would then completely lose the option. Even for friends and family.
Sorry for the bad information. I've always used a credit card, so I have been charged a fee.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite