SOLD - L-N small, bronze flat spokeshave
L-N small shoulder plan SOLD. The spokeshave is still available!
From the pic it looks like shavings would catch on right hand side of that cap... or my eyes are playing a trick on me? If it was a bad cast I would think they would send you a new cap.
(04-09-2018, 10:08 PM)brad jansen Wrote: Using F&F for a transction is not stealing, no more than writing a check (which you would not think as "stealing").  Using F&F is simply waiving rights and protections that come with PayPal's service charge. Transactions with Friends and family do not typically need those rights and protections.

Brad sorry to jump into this mess on someone's sale post, but since the conversation is here. 

Accepting F&F to pay for goods is committing fraud against a financial institution. You can mince words whether defrauding them is "stealing" but the bottom line is you are using their service without paying for it. No less improper than eating at a restaurant and leaving without paying.
(04-10-2018, 09:15 AM)RKMBrown© Wrote: From the pic it looks like shavings would catch on right hand side of that cap... or my eyes are playing a trick on me? If it was a bad cast I would think they would send you a new cap.

What are you talking about??? There's no need for a new cap...the cap is in perfect condition. Everything (actually, the one thing it does) works exactly as it should. Poor lighting of these pics makes the bronze look dingier than it is. 

[Image: ln1.jpg]

[Image: ln2.jpg]
(04-10-2018, 10:23 AM)gov.cheese Wrote: What are you talking about??? There's no need for a new cap...the cap is in perfect condition. Everything (actually, the one thing it does) works exactly as it should. Poor lighting of these pics makes the bronze look dingier than it is. 

[Image: ln1.jpg]

[Image: ln2.jpg]

This has been a pretty rough sale thread.  But, good luck with the sale of this fine Shave.
(04-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: This has been a pretty rough sale thread.  But, good luck with the sale of this fine Shave.

Not too rough. Its all good on his end
Smile

The buyer of two of his nice planes has it figured out. Not my first tool buying rodeo. Paypal is a definite ally in my online transactions. The insurance saved me from a big lathe purchase fiasco when it fell in freight shipping. I just cover the fees when needed when buying from friends and family. If it is an item, I pay for the insurance.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I already have one of these gorgeous shaves at the home shop, but I'll take another one to keep in the shop at work. I do a lot of carving when forming the wing tip of vintage era biplanes so this will be a dream to use.  Anyway I'll send it non FF and add a couple bucks to cover the fees.
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-10-2018, 11:00 AM)alanealane Wrote: I already have one of these gorgeous shaves at the home shop, but I'll take another one to keep in the shop at work. I do a lot of carving when forming the wing tip of vintage era biplanes so this will be a dream to use.  Anyway I'll send it non FF and add a couple bucks to cover the fees.

Sold pending payment. Thanks Alex.
(04-09-2018, 08:48 PM)David Katz Wrote: F&F has absolutely no fees. Sorry. I've used it many times to send money to, yes, friends or family. There are no fees, period.

If you exchange goods and/or services via paypal and pay using F&F, you are violating their terms of service. If you don't want to pay their fees, ask for payment by check or money order. It is indefensible to ask for F&F payment for a good or service. It is stealing.

If you transfer from a bank account, no fee.  If however you don't want your bank account attached to PayPal and instead have it attached to a credit card, there is a fee in an F&F which is charged to the buyer.  (And yes, for sale of goods, F&F is not appropriate use.)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-10-2018, 02:57 PM)Rob Young Wrote: If you transfer from a bank account, no fee.  If however you don't want your bank account attached to PayPal and instead have it attached to a credit card, there is a fee in an F&F which is charged to the buyer.  (And yes, for sale of goods, F&F is not appropriate use.)

If you transfer from a paypal account there are also no fees. The only instance where fees are paid in F&F is when the funds come from a credit card, but that is true when paying for goods and services as well.