storing Festool track
I used my new Festool track saw the other day.  When I was done the saw went back in the Systainer box it came in.  The track is still resting on the cutting table.

How are you storing your tracks?  Mine is 55".  There are holes at the ends of the track.  Are those for hanging?

Here is the image.  Hanging it on a steel peg might slightly distort the hole so I need to know if that hole is intended for storage.

[Image: Festool-F_ringsskinne-FS-24242-LR32-491622_6.png]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Well, I don't have a Festool track/saw, but have some older simpler long tracks - I store them flat or on their side - below just one image from the web that popped up on a search (simply google 'how to store a Festool saw track and hit 'images') - Dave
Smile

[Image: 7519760ac2ccfa7a0635c01c0c75b333--organi...zation.jpg]
Piedmont North Carolina
Mine hang vertically from the hole... except for the occasions where they slip from the nail and fall to the floor, then I got to put them back up there... I need a better system, or a better nail...
I hang mine from screws, and I had to drill those holes just slightly larger to fit. When my shop had an 8' ceiling, the long one (106"?) was kept in the shipping crate, in turn that crate was screwed to the ceiling. My new shop has taller ceilings so now the long hangs on a screw.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I was thinking of driving one of these screws (lag screws) in to the stud until all the threads were buried, and then cutting of the head.  I figured if I drove it in at a 15 to 30 degree angle the track would not slide off.

Mostly I was concerned that the holes had some special function and that function would be compromised if the hole was distorted.  I think I will drive in a 3/16" or 1/4" lag screw.  The angle grinder should lop off the head pretty quick and I'm sure I can round off the end.

I didn't think a 1/4" wood dowel would stand up to the rigors.  It would not damage the hole however.

[Image: lag_screw1.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Mine sit in the lumber rack on top of my lumber or on my plywood cart with the plywood.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I saw that picture and for just a moment thought it was your garage door.  Then I thought about how I could use my garage door to store those tracks.  Now I have to go think about this. 
Smile
This just isn't that hard to figure out.
Smile I stand mine up against the wall, resting on the floor. Have 4-1/2', 6' and 10' tracks.
Wood is good. 
(04-10-2018, 11:50 AM)Cooler Wrote: I was thinking of driving one of these screws (lag screws) in to the stud until all the threads were buried, and then cutting of the head.  I figured if I drove it in at a 15 to 30 degree angle the track would not slide off.

Mostly I was concerned that the holes had some special function and that function would be compromised if the hole was distorted.  I think I will drive in a 3/16" or 1/4" lag screw.  The angle grinder should lop off the head pretty quick and I'm sure I can round off the end.

I didn't think a 1/4" wood dowel would stand up to the rigors.  It would not damage the hole however.

[Image: lag_screw1.jpg]

No need to over think it. Mine have been hanging perfectly happily on pocket hole screws for years. The head of the screw keeps them from falling off if they get bumped.
The lag screw is likely huge overkill...mine hang on a #8 wood screw.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.