storing Festool track
(04-10-2018, 02:07 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: This just isn't that hard to figure out.
Smile I stand mine up against the wall, resting on the floor. Have 4-1/2', 6' and 10' tracks.

10-4
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Interesting. That pic does show them hanging on the garage overhead door. I wonder how'd you do that with foam core doors, sheet metal screws? As light as the tracks are, they probably wouldn't deform the doors at all.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Mine hang from simple trim head screws. The head is small enough to fit through the existing hole in the rail yet big enough to stop the rail from falling off. I have the 9’ rail and a simple screw is plenty.
-Marc

I store mine horizontally on the ceiling
I don't have a festool track saw but store my Dewalt tracks on my garage door using toggle clamps. Keeps them out of the way and in a location that they will not get damaged. The are easy enough to take down or put back. The set of toggles cost me $11 for 4 on Amazon. I think two was plenty even for the 102" tack but added a 3rd in the middle just incase one slips.
[Image: SgJLxS][Image: 2diNzJd][Image: 2diNzJ3]
(04-10-2018, 02:07 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: This just isn't that hard to figure out.
Smile I stand mine up against the wall, resting on the floor. Have 4-1/2', 6' and 10' tracks.

I have a concrete floor.  If I bugger up the edges it won't mate to the second track correctly.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-10-2018, 11:30 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I hang mine from screws, and I had to drill those holes just slightly larger to fit. When my shop had an 8' ceiling, the long one (106"?) was kept in the shipping crate, in turn that crate was screwed to the ceiling. My new shop has taller ceilings so now the long hangs on a screw.

I thought that the screw threads would mess up the aluminum hole.  The lag screw idea would have had the smooth section only extended.

I finally drilled a hole in a stud and inserted a 1/4" diameter fiberglass pultrusion.  It is working fine.  I have two tracks hanging.

Thanks for the input guys.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
My shortish tracks hang from a dowel that is (very) slightly angled up.
I haven't had a problem with anything slipping off.

I've seen this thread a couple of times before, but just noticed Giradman's level collection.
More to think about!
I use the Easy-Smart tracks. Hanging from a hole the plastic edge works it's way out. I bought a cheap hard rifle case the tracks and other parts go in. Saw on a rollie cart shelf.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
My longest one, the 8 footer, rests in one of the legs of my 30' extension ladder. You can see it in the upper right corner of this picture:
[Image: slatwall01.JPG]

The shorter ones I keep on a little caddy that pops up on a cleat mounted to some slatwall.
[Image: slatwall02.JPG]
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!