Trouble adding photos
I really liked the new system of being able to post pics directly but recently I have been getting "this page is not working" messages when I click on "Add attachemnt". Is is Woodnet or me? I recently bought a new camera and deleted the software for the old one, but I'm still able to add pics to my emails. Any advice by members more computer savy than me would be appreciated.

Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
(04-11-2018, 12:32 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: I really liked the new system of being able to post pics directly but recently I have been getting "this page is not working" messages when I click on "Add attachemnt". Is is Woodnet or me? I recently bought a new camera and deleted the software for the old one, but I'm still able to add pics to my emails. Any advice by members more computer savy than me would be appreciated.

Papa Jim

Hi Jim - I've been having the same issue recently, i.e. the 'New Attachment' option is not working for me - I choose an image on my computer and selected 'Add Attachment' and just got a blank screen - in the past, the post would return w/ the pic in place - no longer happens?

For example, below I tried the 'New Attachment' choice and selected the image of my Fein dust collector on my laptop - nothing!  So, I uploaded the pic to a file sharing site (I use SmugMug but plenty of others exist, some free and some for a fee) - then I copied the URL there and used the 'Image Icon' to add the address and now the image appears below in my response - so there is a 'work around' but takes a few extra steps.  Dave
Smile

[Image: Fein_Cyclone.png]
Piedmont North Carolina
It's not you....I've had to resort to hosting my photo's on my website then linking them.
Steve broke it......

Laugh

Ed
Don't feel bad I can't get it to work either
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(04-11-2018, 12:32 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: I really liked the new system of being able to post pics directly but recently I have been getting "this page is not working" messages when I click on "Add attachemnt". Is is Woodnet or me? I recently bought a new camera and deleted the software for the old one, but I'm still able to add pics to my emails. Any advice by members more computer savy than me would be appreciated.

Papa Jim

Use a hosting site and the URL back to the photo.

[Image: 24600738408_b0f8122f26_z.jpg]
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-12-2018, 09:35 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Don't feel bad I can't get it to work either

Images can still be posted as explained by me & others by using the Image Icon (next to the Email Insert icon) - see pic below w/ directions - I've used a paid service, SmugMug for years - plenty of others are available, free or otherwise - an example is PhotoBucket (have a free account there).  Dave
Smile
[Image: ImageLoading.png]
Piedmont North Carolina
(04-11-2018, 08:07 PM)EdL Wrote: Steve broke it......

Laugh

Ed

Uhoh
Uhoh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thank you to whoever fixed it!

Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
It is fixed. You can post pics directly again.

I just pull em off the desktop of my PC.

Works great.

Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me