I guess the owners of this forum don’t want anyone to post pictures anymore
I guess the owners of this forum don’t want anyone to post pictures anymore. Since numerous people have posted about the problem but nothing has been said or done. Sad

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
You can post pictures ... just not from the website. Mine are save at Postimage ...

[Image: T1a.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(04-12-2018, 07:45 AM)rick4212 Wrote: I guess the owners of this forum don’t want anyone to post pictures anymore. Since numerous people have posted about the problem but nothing has been said or done. Sad

Well, with all due respect to your opinion, I am grateful that Active Interest Media hosts this site as I've found it invaluable over the years.  It is free.  It is maintained fairly well.  Software has issues, that's a fact of life.  There are also workarounds, and frankly, the old software did not allow for direct posting of pictures anyway.  Put pics in a hosting site, I use Flickr, then insert using the url insert tool, or as I often do, create an album and link to the album.  Small price to pay, at least for me, for the benefits this site offers.  While I understand your frustration, I would not want to alienate AIM's support of this site.

Here's a pic using my first option, took all of 10 seconds:

[Image: 38674895260_7ab4603cf9_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sad, sad I say!

Or you know, you could learn to do it instead of complain.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-12-2018, 07:45 AM)rick4212 Wrote: I guess the owners of this forum don’t want anyone to post pictures anymore. Since numerous people have posted about the problem but nothing has been said or done. Sad

PLBCAK?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Many different hosting sites work just fine.  Flickr for example :

[Image: 24600738408_b0f8122f26_z.jpg]
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
L for lays or what? .....
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Posted this from a website. Right click for menu, left click copy. Click insert image button, paste into URL box. 10 seconds or less. Didn't use a hosting site.

[Image: 95205-400x300-Antiquewoodplanes.jpg]
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(04-12-2018, 09:50 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: PLBCAK?

No, PEBCAK, methinks ..... at least in my neck of the woods; exists, lies, you say to-may-to, I say to-ma-to.......  
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Actually I was very glad that the site allowed posting pics with the new software.  

I don't think they have not allowed it - I think its broken and fixing isn't a priority.

Obviously there is a work around by using a hosting service.  I just liked uploading here instead - hate hosting sites

But for the price of this forum - it's all good