I guess the owners of this forum don’t want anyone to post pictures anymore
Doug, I have much better luck hitting the "Preview Post" button and then
using the buttons there to find/attach and post the pic. Right from the desk
top of my computer.
As I type this, I do not see an "Insert an Image" button. In fact, I am not sure
how I would get that. I suppose I am not putting pics into my posts in the
exact way it is intended to work, but it seems to work.

Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(04-14-2018, 10:48 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Doug, I have much better luck hitting the "Preview Post" button and then
using the buttons there to find/attach and post the pic. Right from the desk
top of my computer.
As I type this, I do not see an "Insert an Image" button. In fact, I am not sure
how I would get that. I suppose I am not putting pics into my posts in the
exact way it is intended to work, but it seems to work.

1) Copied a file from my Downloads folder
2) Clicked on "Preview Post" first
3) Clicked on "Insert an Image" button
4) Inserted image 
5) Result above

Again, a jpeg file.

Doug
Here is what the draft of your post should look like and the steps you should take when you hit the Preview Post button. You are not copying the file, you are uploading it with the Add Attachment button.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-14-2018, 10:40 AM)Tapper Wrote: OK guys, realizing I like others here in the past, have been "picture posting challenged" it still doesn't seem to be working for me. I copied a picture in my Download file, clicked on the "Insert an Image" button, inserted the copy and nothing but box image. Also tried to insert the copy directly into the reply screen - just the address info. Using jpeg file.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, if I'm not sharing an image from my Flickr album, I click on Choose File below the posting window, select the file, and then click Add Attachment.

After it is added, I click on the Insert Into Post button which shows up under Add Attachment.
[attachment=9846 Wrote:Greg Jones pid='7612138' dateline='1523724163']Here is what the draft of your post should look like and the steps you should take when you hit the Preview Post button. You are not copying the file, you are uploading it with the Add Attachment button.

Interesting - as I type this note the picture is not showing on this screen, i.e. I have no reference as to where the picture will appear in the response.

Doug
Any way to clean up the picture, i.e. remove the Attached files and Image(s) tag?

Doug
(04-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Tapper Wrote: Interesting - as I type this note the picture is not showing on this screen, i.e. I have no reference as to where the picture will appear in the response.

Doug

Doug, if you put the image into your text field with Insert Into Post, the link to the image will be displayed in the text field at the location of the cursor when you hit the button.

[attachment=9853 Wrote:Greg Jones pid='7612138' dateline='1523724163']Here is what the draft of your post should look like and the steps you should take when you hit the Preview Post button. You are not copying the file, you are uploading it with the Add Attachment button.

Not working that way in my system, Dave. When I hit "Insert into Post" I get the two screens you normally see, i.e. the one above that shows the post (this one has the picture displayed). The one I'm typing on right now has no picture or no link (this is the screen where you can continue to revise the post). In other words there's no indication on this screen that a picture will be part of the post.

Doug

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-14-2018, 01:35 PM)Tapper Wrote: Not working that way in my system, Dave. When I hit "Insert into Post" I get the two screens you normally see, i.e. the one above that shows the post (this one has the picture displayed). The one I'm typing on right now has no picture or no link (this is the screen where you can continue to revise the post). In other words there's no indication on this screen that a picture will be part of the post.

Doug

That's weird, Doug. Do you see the image link at the bottom left in your post?

Try clearing your browser's history caches and see if anything changes.
Maybe by the time you get to 11,000 posts you'll have it figured out!
Big Grin
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe