Tilting Shed
I noticed about a month ago and not sure why I started looking but now my eye goes to it every time I pass, my back yard shed has leaned. Probably was happening over time but I just noticed. It is a 9X12 self built shed. I put it on established ground with blue stone as a base and poured concrete 4" thick. It leans to the left a half bubble out of plum. Front to back is still right on. It was dead level when I built it. Now I know on my property there are low spots that I guess over time have sunk and when I redo my lawn I need to have some backfill trucked in to level everything off.

I guess my question is any suggestions on how to correct this or am I asking for trouble and just have to deal with my ( OCD if that is the term for this) I have 2 ideas but neither one is exciting. Just thought I would throw it out there. The shed is 2X4 studs with CDX plywood on the outside. Laun plywood on the inside.
John T.
I built one and sat it on concrete columns sank 36" into the ground. It starting leaning (front to back) and it was more than 1/2 a bubble. I just let it go, the stuff stored in there didn't seem to mind. But then, I've always lived out in the country where it was viewed by all that many others.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Would mud jacking work?
(04-13-2018, 05:53 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Would mud jacking work?

if the slab is tilted then thats about the only fix other then redoing the slab.   The problem is that the soil must be unstable so mud jacking could be temporary.
WoodNET... the new safespace
My 12 x 24 tilts about 1.5 inches. I just tell everyone it's for drainage should a pipe break.

One person nodded and said "Good Idea"!
(04-13-2018, 07:19 AM)daddo Wrote: My 12 x 24 tilts about 1.5 inches. I just tell everyone it's for drainage should a pipe break.

One person nodded and said "Good Idea"!

Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
John T.
Bottle jack and some lumber and just jack it up and relevel it on the slab. Even at that size you can use pry bars to start lifting it. 

Where did you get a self built shed? I have a 9x15 slab in the back that could use a building for the mowers etc and I'd much rather have a shed that built itself than me having to build it. I need to get the riding mower and attachments out of the garage to make room for the El Camino 
Smile
(04-13-2018, 09:34 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: Bottle jack and some lumber and just jack it up and relevel it on the slab. Even at that size you can use pry bars to start lifting it. 

Where did you get a self built shed? I have a 9x15 slab in the back that could use a building for the mowers etc and I'd much rather have a shed that built itself than me having to build it. I need to get the riding mower and attachments out of the garage to make room for the El Camino 
Smile

I've seen it done, but not with a slab that size.

A concern I'd have with a larger slab, regardless, is that the slab is evenly lifted and adequately supported, otherwise I'd be concerned about cracks.
(04-13-2018, 09:34 AM)Robert Adams Wrote:       Where did you get a self built shed?

Probably at the self built dealer.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-13-2018, 09:59 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: I've seen it done, but not with a slab that size.

A concern I'd have with a larger slab, regardless, is that the slab is evenly lifted and adequately supported, otherwise I'd be concerned about cracks.

Lift the building not the slab then cut treated sill plates to shim between the slab and building.