Cherry deacons bench build completed
Glued up the bent laminations for the leg supports. Haven’t done this before so took sometime to figure out the thickness of each lamination. Ended up cutting each lamination 3/32” which worked great. Used hide glue for the increased open time and ridgid glue line so hopefully I won’t get any springback.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Thanks Rick for sharing your outstanding project - impressed w/ all steps and love the cherry seat - looking forward to the final images - great job!  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
First coat of finish applied. I had some scap wood so i drilled holes for the spindles so they were easier to finish. I put plugs in all the spindle holes in the seat so finish wouldn’t get in them. A few more coats of finishand it will be ready to be assembled.

Attached Files Image(s)

My stuff

Cool 

What type of finish?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Stwood said:
What type of finish?

One coat of 2# cut of blonde shellac then 3 coats of Waterlox. I’ve put the shellac and one coat of Waterlox so far. The only reason for shellac is because shellac dries fast so i can put the first coat of Waterlox on the same day.

My stuff
(04-22-2018, 05:24 PM)rick4212 Wrote: Stwood said:
What type of finish?

One coat of 2# cut of blonde shellac then 3 coats of Waterlox. I’ve put the shellac and one coat of Waterlox so far. The only reason for shellac is because shellac dries fast so i can put the first coat of Waterlox on the same day.

Thanks
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Took the brace out of the form and cut it into 3. Cleaned them up with a block plane. They are now ready to be fitted to each leg.

Attached Files Image(s)

My stuff
Leg braces installed. I used walnut plugs but i don’t think i like them so next time I’ll plug with the same wood as the braces. Need to rub out the seat and glue up the spindles and back rail and i think this baby will be done.

Attached Files Image(s)

My stuff
Those braces are really cool!!
Lookin real fine there
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020