Cherry deacons bench build completed
+1 on the seat lookin good. I like the shape.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Started the spindles on the lathe then finished them with a spokeshave. I only turn when needed for furniture so I am not very good so that is why I had to finish with a spokeshave. I drilled a 5/8” hole in a piece of wood and then put the spindle in it and used it like a shave horse. Worked well. I dry fit it together tonight. It may be a little while before i can glue up and finish it because my wife came home with 18 chickens and so I’ll be building a chicken coop first. Happy wife happy life
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Closeup of the leg and spindle fit

Attached Files Image(s)

My stuff
I'm likin that shape/style.
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thats a nice looking bench!!
So simple.  So Elegant.  So well done.  

Loved your improvised shave horse.  

John
Looking good; thanks for posting.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Glued up the legs and then finished sanded everything. Ready to put on a finish then will finish assembling the back spindles and back rail as it will be easier to put on the finish before final assembly. But first i need to make the leg supports. I will post pictures of that process when i have them done.

Attached Files Image(s)

My stuff
Nice touch with the wedges!!
That piece of cherry for the seat is really nice and the contrasting woods are fantastic.

Thank you for sharing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.