Katana Sword
I just finished this for my daughters birthday present.  She's big into Cosplay and such. I thought I'd post it just because it's different and never seen one done here before.

Wood is Cherry and most shaping was done with a (ha ha) Japanese Saw Rasp.  Finish is Watco Lacquer

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Very impressive.  Looks like a lot of work.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wow, that's a two thumbs up.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Hi Gary - great job - congrats!  
Yes   Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
Nice job Gary. Happy Birthday.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
nice. where did you learn to wrap the handle like that? Any resources to recommend? Thanks!
Well done.  Please tell her Happy Birthday from us.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-18-2018, 08:11 AM)mrossk Wrote: nice. where did you learn to wrap the handle like that? Any resources to recommend? Thanks!

Look for a guy called "DAPirateCaptain" on YouTube. He put out an excellent series of Tutorial videos on how to do this. Take his videos and add some "real" woodworking tools and you'll have fun. There are separate videos on how to wrap the handle and scabbard by other people.

I learned how to shape wood in a Sculpted Rocking Chair class at the Marc Adams School years ago. I love shaping wood but suck at trying to actually do wood carving. When I did my canoe it was right in my wheelhouse.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Nice job and great B-day present!
Great job! Fantastic!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.