Wtb dowel plate
Does anybody have a dowel plate laying around? I just can't bring myself to pay new prices for a lie nielsen... I may have to settle for drilling my own holes in steel, but if someone can make me a deal and save me an hour or two...
(04-15-2018, 08:41 AM)Troywoodyard Wrote: Does anybody have a dowel plate laying around?  I just can't bring myself to pay new prices for a lie nielsen... I may have to settle for drilling my own holes in steel, but if someone can make me a deal and save me an hour or two...

Lee Valley makes these, a little less expensive than LN

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...at=1,42524
(04-15-2018, 08:41 AM)Troywoodyard Wrote: Does anybody have a dowel plate laying around?  I just can't bring myself to pay new prices for a lie nielsen... I may have to settle for drilling my own holes in steel, but if someone can make me a deal and save me an hour or two...

Troy

They are not hard to make.  Just get some 1/4" plate and drill the required holes.  I have done that for a few other people before.  Make sure you get cobalt bits to drill the holes and lightly countersink the back of it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
What sizes holes you looking for in 1/4"? I can prob help out.

Mikie

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I'm not exactly sure... I have tried paul sellers washer trick, and I think it was successful but kind of a pain. I'm working on a headboard and footboard and am torn between 1/4" and 3/8" pegs. If I end up making my own, is it worth it to reduce sizes in 1/32" or 1/16" so you can make the peg progressively smaller? I have made 2 inlay dots before But have never drawbored.

What did you have in mind mikie?
Nevermind is what I am thinking.

Ill let you buy from an expert.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

No worries.... thx for entertaining the thought.