Woodworking with Bad Shoulder Arthritis...
(04-17-2018, 10:42 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am so glad you got rid of your pain, I wish I could mine.

Thanks Arlin, I hope you find relief for your pain!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Kind of wondered what happened to you. Glad you are on the road to normalcy. I am a dozen years older than you and my knees are not in the best shape but if you need a hand, let me know.

Mike
Good to hear from you. Glad it is going good and please keep us posted. They want to the same thing to me Both shoulders are wore out and you can hear bone on bone grinding when i move them. Unfortunatly my wife has been in a nursing home for over a year. have no one at home to help during recovery. Getting old is not for the weak or faint of heart. How long before you were able to function on your own? Thanks for the repky I am sure you will send and if anyone else here has gone thru it i would appreciat hearing from them to. Don't mean to hijack your thread tho
(04-16-2018, 09:35 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: I am a youngin   I turn 60 next month.
Smile

I was going to ask, rude as that may be but I’m considering shoulder replacement.  I can hardly use my arms any more, and it started in my early 20’s when I was driving trucks.  It hurt to swing my arm outward to grab the shift lever, with a sharp pain that I could avoid by twitching my arm at the elbow to throw my hand outward.  

I’m a few years older, and the clock it ticking, but both shoulders are keeping me up at night now.  Gotta do something.  
Sad
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"