Festool Track Saw Compatibility thread
I am new to the Festool track saw.  I understand that some items from Makita and others are compatible with the Festool system.  

I know that the Bosch vacuum hose is (I have one and it fits perfectly).  What other items are compatible, up to quality standards and cost-saving.

Clamps?
Tracks?
Etc.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-16-2018, 07:58 AM)Cooler Wrote: I am new to the Festool track saw.  I understand that some items from Makita and others are compatible with the Festool system.  

I know that the Bosch vacuum hose is (I have one and it fits perfectly).  What other items are compatible, up to quality standards and cost-saving.

Clamps?
Tracks?
Etc.

So you bought one?

John
I bought the Festool 55 and a short length of track. I bought two Festool track clamps (expensive too), but I bought a Bosch vacuum hose which was less expensive than the Festool and fits perfectly.  

There are other clamps out there that look like they would fit.   I think a "it fits" thread would be helpful.

So far only the Bosch vac hose is on the list.
I'm not sure how this happened, but Bosch makes a track saw (not available here for another couple of months) and a couple of years ago someone in the US offered these track clamps for $10. Bosch also makes a set of rail connectors, I bought a set of those and they work just fine as well. I bought a set and they work fine with the Festool track. So if you stumble on some accidentally, or after the Bosch saw is introduced, they will work. As for hoses, my Fein hose plugs right onto the TS 55 dust port, so I just use what I have. A suggestion: if you buy a second piece of track, don't get a 55, get the 76". You have a lot more options that way.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The DeWalt track clamps fit Festool track, work WAY easier, and are significantly less expensive. Amazon has them on sale every couple months, too. I think I got my pair for under $15.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
This is turning out to be a useful thread.  Thanks.

I heard that the Makita track fit the Festool saw.  Any word on that?
(04-16-2018, 07:58 AM)Cooler Wrote: I am new to the Festool track saw.  I understand that some items from Makita and others are compatible with the Festool system.  

Clamps?
Tracks?
Etc.

Rockler makes a set of hose adapters that likely would allow most vacuum hoses to connect to the saw.  

I'll be interested to read your review of the saw after you've used it.  

John
(04-16-2018, 10:28 AM)fredhargis Wrote: As for hoses, my Fein hose plugs right onto the TS 55 dust port, so I just use what I have.

Like Fred's my Fein Turbo II hose fits my Festool track saw perfectly.