Want to sell my Uni.
(04-17-2018, 09:24 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: You're correct, the pricing in that sale was too high.  Feeling the market out now.  This saw will probably sell in this area for 1600. Would most likely sell in the first weekend at the 13-1400 range. Your market will most certainly differ.

Pricing an item depends on your reason for the sale.  Do you need it gone, do you need the space, do you have time for "lookers", and or are you willing to mess with all of that to maximize value.

I may be having an option to keep it, the 52 inch table is going to have go away nice to have but I don't need it. Exploring my options, dang near impossible to find a place for a wood shop here in my new home area because of all the people moving into NW Arkansas, place is in a population explosion. I also have a Shop Fox 1812 moulder/planer that runs on 220 that I really need.
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
(04-17-2018, 12:52 PM)MSRiverdog Wrote: I may be having an option to keep it, the 52 inch table is going to have go away nice to have but I don't need it. Exploring my options, dang near impossible to find a place for a wood shop here in my new home area because of all the people moving into NW Arkansas, place is in a population explosion. I also have a Shop Fox 1812 moulder/planer that runs on 220 that I really need.

can you put something else in the space for the outfeed table?  Such as a router table to free up space?
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I like that idea! Would solve some more space issues, I use my RT a lot.
Jim

Fred Kingston...052708
(04-17-2018, 01:48 PM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: can you put something else in the space for the outfeed table?  Such as a router table to free up space?

Thats a great idea.
Keeping it is a great idea. A contractor saw will take up more space than your Unisaw given equivalent fence. The motor can be swapped out for a smaller one that runs 110V if you have to.  You can build a plate that will allow a regular foot motor to mount on the Unisaw ear mounting. I have the same setup in my Unisaw.  Besides that, the Unisaw is much easier to align and keep aligned than a contractor saw.  It's just better all around in my opinion.
(04-18-2018, 08:15 AM)stav Wrote: Keeping it is a great idea. A contractor saw will take up more space than your Unisaw given equivalent fence. The motor can be swapped out for a smaller one that runs 110V if you have to.  You can build a plate that will allow a regular foot motor to mount on the Unisaw ear mounting. I have the same setup in my Unisaw.  Besides that, the Unisaw is much easier to align and keep aligned than a contractor saw.  It's just better all around in my opinion.

I like your ideas, lot cheaper than buying another saw.
Jim

Fred Kingston...052708
Here is a link the motor mount for a non-Unisaw motor from the Vintage Machinery site (in case you haven't seen it).  Unisaw Alternate Motor Mount
(04-19-2018, 08:23 AM)stav Wrote: Here is a link the motor mount for a non-Unisaw motor from the Vintage Machinery site (in case you haven't seen it).  Unisaw Alternate Motor Mount

Thank You stav, still looking for options to set up my shop in a doable space here in the Bentonville, Arkansas area, been told by quite a few that what I do is very marketable here. Hope they're right.
Jim

Fred Kingston...052708