Got an invite
To look at a lathe in a guys basement. It's a 3 hp 16' Oneway. Apparently he's serious about this stuff.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Three HP on a 16"! WOW! I've got a 3HP on my 24-36.
Price?

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
Standard motor on the ONEWAY 16-40 is 1 1/2HP with an available 2HP upgrade. I fhe went for the 3HP, he IS serious.

GM
Hope you get it for a good price.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well it will make catches very exciting!
You could make some very BIG baseball bats!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I'd double-check the motor size when you get there.  Oneway only offers two motor choices on their 1640 lathe: 1-1/2 HP or 2 HP.  Let us know what you find out.  And if you decide to buy it, let us know how you get it out of the basement.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Yes pictures and video of the removal will be fun. aHoping its a walk out basement.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(04-22-2018, 08:05 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Yes pictures and video of the removal will be fun. aHoping its a walk out basement.

Shipping weight on my ONEWAY was 1200 pounds. Loaded it on a flatbed trailer with a fudge truck, got home and it took me three days to get it off the flatbed and set up in my shop. Fortunately, I could back up to the door. Had one 90-degree turn to make, but a little Injunuity got the job done.

GM
It's not for sale yet. He originally called me about a furnace problem in his house and I fixed it over the phone. Turns out he teaches turning classes at the local community college and turns columns for local custom home builders. It's a 24" with  bed extensions to reach 16' between centres. He said the heaviest blank he's mounted was almost 400 lbs.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.