Router Storage - Off Workbenches, Easy Access, Possibly Portable?
(05-01-2018, 08:33 AM)Cooler Wrote: Could you describe, or post photos showing the dust collection for the radial arm saw?  My  efforts on that front have failed.  How well does yours work?

Thanks,

Cooler

Cooler,

My RAS dust collection setup is pretty much what you see in the photo. I have a 6" duct running from may Clear Vue cyclone directly to the RAS. A 4" duct wyes off above the RAS and is reduced to a 2 1/2' duct that runs to the dust collection fixture on the front of the saw's blade guard (the blade guard fixture is original and came on the saw). The collection "hood" (for lack of a better term) behind the saw is just a standard sheet metal HVAC duct I bought from Home Depot. It is made for a 6" duct, so it allows a lot of air flow. The setup captures 95% to 99% of the dust and chips from my RAS. I attribute that to a lot of suction and plenty of air flow. I thought the fence I built for the RAS would block the sawdust before it got to the sheet metal duct, but it doesn't. Somehow, the sawdust makes to through (or over) the saw kerf in the fence and is captured almost completely by the big sheet metal duct. I don't know what else to tell you. It's pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps.

Hank