Router Storage - Off Workbenches, Easy Access, Possibly Portable?
Here is what I did for my routers etc.

[Image: P4100001-L.jpg]

[Image: P4100004-L.jpg]
Three on a cabinet shelf ...

[Image: 4_zpsgxmvepti.jpg]

... and one in a router table ...

[Image: Router_Raizer_1.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek   ... sort of collect Elu routers ... 
Smirk
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
23 routers....

6 are in tables. 2 dual tables. 

1 in a pocket cutter

1 laminate router that I keep in it's case

All my hand held routers are kept in drawers. Cords are Velcro strapped.

Oops. Fuzzy pic of my D-handles

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not sure how many routers I have. The large ones are stored on shelves under my workbenches.
The trimmering routers are used the most and all stored under my main workbench, all plugged in and ready to go.  Grab and go and cut and done. 
I have about 5 or 6 trim routers with "permanently" mounted bits. Many of these routers have a "permanently" mounted extension cord. 

Digging out a router installing a bit, plugging in and setting up and then reversing the previous steps is way too time consuming for me.  

Likewise, I also have 5? orbital sanders all with different grits and again, all plugged in and ready to be used.  

I have more money than time.  I do NOT want to die with money in the bank............

We all have more money than time so use your time wisely.
I built a 2' x 2' x 6' tall rolling shelf unit with four swivel casters.

two sides have 4 shelves with a hole in the middle for my routers, one other side is for jigsaw, drill and impact driver, last side is for sanders. Coil up the cords and put them behind the routers when I put them back on the shelf.

It works very well when I keep the floor clean enough to roll it around
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Well, just returned from a week trip to the South Carolina coast - today, finished off my 'router storage' issue - I use to collect and age wines (had 700+ bottles back in the '90s) - my interest faded and I have gradually rid myself of wine racks, most 'homemade' cheaply and quickly - first pic below is an 8-case cabinet made from lam pine w/ dowels used as separators - posted on a neighborhood forum for 'free' w/ no interest, SO I was going to put out to the curb for bulk pickup next month.

I decided to recycle for my own use - cut in 2/3 & 1/3 pieces - replaced a smaller cabinet holding non-essential woodworking stuff w/ the 2/3 cabinet - added some ply shelves to the dowels - holds my routers near my working benches w/ the Sjöberg one now cleared off for use!  The other 1/3 portion, I attached to a wall where I keep items to give away to Goodwill or Habitat - solution should work for me - thanks again for all of the comments.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
(04-29-2018, 05:22 PM)giradman Wrote: Well, just returned from a week trip to the South Carolina coast - today, finished off my 'router storage' issue - I use to collect and age wines (had 700+ bottles back in the '90s) - my interest faded and I have gradually rid myself of wine racks, most 'homemade' cheaply and quickly - first pic below is an 8-case cabinet made from lam pine w/ dowels used as separators - posted on a neighborhood forum for 'free' w/ no interest, SO I was going to put out to the curb for bulk pickup next month.

I decided to recycle for my own use - cut in 2/3 & 1/3 pieces - replaced a smaller cabinet holding non-essential woodworking stuff w/ the 2/3 cabinet - added some ply shelves to the dowels - holds my routers near my working benches w/ the Sjöberg one now cleared off for use!  The other 1/3 portion, I attached to a wall where I keep items to give away to Goodwill or Habitat - solution should work for me - thanks again for all of the comments.  Dave
Smile.

Nice shop and great solution to your storage issue. If you wrap your router power cords in nice, tight bundles and tie them with some of these: http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3456,43460 , you should be able to easily get all your routers in the cubby holes.
(04-30-2018, 09:44 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Nice shop and great solution to your storage issue. If you wrap your router power cords in nice, tight bundles and tie them with some of these: http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.as...3456,43460 , you should be able to easily get all your routers in the cubby holes.

Thanks Hank - I need to address the cord issue - have some velcro straps coming from Amazon, but those at Lee Valley look good - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(04-19-2018, 01:51 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: [Image: 41523849332_b2528c98a9_c.jpg]IMG_0096 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

Could you describe, or post photos showing the dust collection for the radial arm saw?  My  efforts on that front have failed.  How well does yours work?

Thanks,

Cooler
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-01-2018, 08:33 AM)Cooler Wrote: Could you describe, or post photos showing the dust collection for the radial arm saw?  My  efforts on that front have failed.  How well does yours work?  Thanks, Cooler

Hi Cooler - the 'dust hood' is over my Hitachi CMS sitting on a homemade station - a hose enters on the left side which I connect to my dust connector - picks up some dust, but most collects around the sides & back of the enclosure which is more effective - just vac out periodically.  The hood is removable (and needed to angled the saw) - constructed of some scrap wood and 4 plexiglass panels (open in front and bottom) - some dust does come out the front but I suspect that the hood traps 75% or more of the dust.  Pics below are self-explanatory w/ the last being the removed hood - hope this helps.  Dave
Smile

P.S. I've attached the dust port of the CMS to the left sided hose - limited the motion of the saw, falls off, and not sure that it helped much - probably should get a longer extension and try again.

P.S.S. sorry Cooler - did not look carefully at your reference - but for those who want to build a 'hood' for their stationary CMS, then mine would be one option.

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina