Floor Model Mortiser - Which one to Buy?
(04-19-2018, 03:42 PM)Cian Wrote: The non-tilting table floor-standing Jet is the former Powermatic model but with different paint.  I wasn't aware that Jet had a tilting table version, which I thought was reerved for the Powermatic line.  When Powermatic released their current tilting-table version, they made the non-tilt a Jet model.  In fact, you can still see "PM" on the castings on mine:

[Image: IMG_1833.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1831.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1839.jpg]
However, for $1299 shipped, the current Powermatic on Amazon is a no-brainer.  Interestingly, it's one of if not the only Powermatic tool that hasn't increased in price in the last decade or so.

Thanks for that information Cian!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
I think Cian and I bought our's at the same time with the same rebate.
I wouldn't want to make you cry over how little we paid for these capable machines.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
I know you didn't ask so feel free to ridicule or ignore but have you considered a Domino? Revolutionized my mortise and tenon jobs. Just a thought..I'm guessing you're considering the mortiser for certain reasons but the Domino is a competitor for any mortise and tenon application. Nice to stick it a box and put it out of the way when done if floor space is an issue, and, might save you some money to boot.
(04-20-2018, 07:10 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: I know you didn't ask so feel free to ridicule or ignore but have you considered a Domino? Revolutionized my mortise and tenon jobs. Just a thought..I'm guessing you're considering the mortiser for certain reasons but the Domino is a competitor for any mortise and tenon application. Nice to stick it a box and put it out of the way when done if floor space is an issue, and, might save you some money to boot.

I had a Domino once and I prefer the traditional Mortise and tenon.  The domino is a great tool and it is fast.
I got a 719T from an Estate sale and it works pretty well.  Only slight knock on it for me is a better way to adjust the table angle.
(04-21-2018, 08:11 AM)jussi Wrote: I got a 719T from an Estate sale and it works pretty well.  Only slight knock on it for me is a better way to adjust the table angle.

Thanks jussi!
Well,

I get up this morning and I figure, I'll try Craigslist one more time and see if I can't find a nice used one.  And there it was, a nice 719T less than 30 miles away.  I jumped in the truck and came home with it.  The guy selling it was nice enough to load it for me too since I had recent shoulder surgeries.  

[Image: IMG_1913.jpg]
Now I just have to wait for my bull strong son to come on over and take this to the basement 
Wink

Thanks again for the help guys!

John
(04-21-2018, 08:53 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: Thanks jussi!
Congratulations.....I believe you're going to love it.
(04-21-2018, 02:37 PM)rlance Wrote: Congratulations.....I believe you're going to love it.

Thanks rlance!
Well how ‘bout that?  Nice find!
Smirk