Long shot - 80/20 router table fence hold-down clamps?
This is a long shot, but maybe someone remembers... I remember reading a post about building a router table fence out of 80/20 and someone suggested clamping it down by having the top of the table overhang the cabinet (easy) and the fence then clamped to the edges. I've seen plenty of articles on how to do this with a wood fence, but what's tickling my memory is purpose-built 80/20 clamps. 

Am I crazy? Help!
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
(04-21-2018, 11:03 AM)abernat Wrote: This is a long shot, but maybe someone remembers... I remember reading a post about building a router table fence out of 80/20 and someone suggested clamping it down by having the top of the table overhang the cabinet (easy) and the fence then clamped to the edges. I've seen plenty of articles on how to do this with a wood fence, but what's tickling my memory is purpose-built 80/20 clamps. 

Am I crazy? Help!

I'm not sure if you are referring to  my post, but I did build one quite a few years ago and it's still in use.  In my case, I used a benchdog cast iron top that was meant to be a wing on a 10" cabinet saw and that top had slots milled in the top just for the purpose of mounting a top.  Now if you want to do it a bit differently and clamp it down by the edges, I don't see why that would not work.  Having the fence parallel to the long edge of the table is not critical, as long as you are running the material along the fence.  If you are using something like a miter gauge, then yes, it has to be parallel.  In a way, it might be easier to keep the fence parallel by using some perpendicular pieces that ride the edge of the table and keep it at 90 degrees.

[Image: P1030736.JPG]