"Egg On My Face"
Ordered the Byrd head for the DW735 from Brian at Holbren.  It came quickly and the install seemed straight forward.  I turned it on, then off; during the last couple of seconds of wind down there was a squeal.  I repeated the action, same result.  Next I emailed Byrd Tool and guessed it was a bad bearing.  They sent me a new head.  This morning as I removed the cover, I noticed the drive belt was about a third off.  Clearly I had failed to check the belt location on the motor pulley after I correctly installed the belt on the drive pulley.

Not sure how the phrase "egg on my face" became a way of expressing embarrassment, but I've heard it most of my life and now I'm using it.  What I really don't understand.......why do I feel compelled to share my stupidity with you folks?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(04-21-2018, 12:05 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Ordered the Byrd head for the DW735 from Brian at Holbren.  It came quickly and the install seemed straight forward.  I turned it on, then off; during the last couple of seconds of wind down there was a squeal.  I repeated the action, same result.  Next I emailed Byrd Tool and guessed it was a bad bearing.  They sent me a new head.  This morning as I removed the cover, I noticed the drive belt was about a third off.  Clearly I had failed to check the belt location on the motor pulley after I correctly installed the belt on the drive pulley.

Not sure how the phrase "egg on my face" became a way of expressing embarrassment, but I've heard it most of my life and now I'm using it.  What I really don't understand.......why do I feel compelled to share my stupidity with you folks?

Can't speak for your motivation, but it is always helpful to others to know how someone screwed up to possibly avoid repeating the same mistake.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
All Good!  Thanks!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
You should be ashamed and ask forgiveness. [Image: sshocked_100-101.gif?w=58&h=36&zoom=2]
(04-21-2018, 12:05 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: What I really don't understand.......why do I feel compelled to share my stupidity with you folks?

It's cathartic - I've been told.  Or maybe you're hoping others will make you feel better by telling you of their embarrassing moments.  I would but I can't decide which of my many boners to share.   

John
Boners.....Nope. Never pulled any. If I did, I'm not sharing em. Nope. No....Not
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-22-2018, 05:35 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Boners.....Nope. Never pulled any. If I did, I'm not sharing em. Nope. No....Not

I was wondering if someone caught that.
Smirk
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-21-2018, 12:48 PM)3finger Wrote: Can't speak for your motivation, but it is always helpful to others to know how someone screwed up to possibly avoid repeating the same mistake.
"What I really don't understand.......why do I feel compelled to share my stupidity with you folks?"

Because you can't believe you're "human" like the rest of us???
Laugh
Laugh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

It's probably the single most common mistake associated with installing that head. I know when I did it I happened to have a video instruction of how to best get the belt back on (it's very difficult) and also how to check that the belt is in fact on since part of it is hidden from view. It is very easy to have that belt be off - in fact only being 1/3 off is probably closer to success than failure.
So the real question, how much you selling that second head for?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic( disclaimer for the humorously deficient )
no permiti el bicho morderte