Face Shield Question
Does anyone here use the bubble visor face shield sold by Craft Supplies? If you do, is it worth the price?
Thanks for any and all replies.

Bill
Carpe Lignum! Torne Lignum!
I use the Bionic shield sold at Woodcraft and others. It’s very comfortable and comes down under your next.
Don
I have several face shields and I do have the bobble shield and it is the last one any of the guys will use.  It collects sawdust pretty fast and when breathing it will collect condensation.

I do not know what you are using for respiration, but for both of them I would go with the Airshield Pro great for face and breathing

http://www.rockler.com/trend-air-circula...gKV-_D_BwE

It looks like the price I just found is almost $160 less then I paid for mine.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-22-2018, 04:54 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I have several face shields and I do have the bobble shield and it is the last one any of the guys will use.  It collects sawdust pretty fast and when breathing it will collect condensation.

I do not know what you are using for respiration, but for both of them I would go with the Airshield Pro great for face and breathing

http://www.rockler.com/trend-air-circula...gKV-_D_BwE

It looks like the price I just found is almost $160 less then I paid for mine.

You might be able to cut down on the dust and condensation by wiping the shield down with used dryer sheet.
Angus

I forgot all about that I said that years ago.  Thank you for bringing it up again.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I liked the Bionic faceshield enough that I bought one for every turner in the family.

With it set for the furthest distance from my face, it clears my glasses (safety or otherwise) and any condensation is generally low enough that it does not interfere with my vision. That is even when my shop is on the nippy side of chilly.

I do keep a cheapie faceshield around for when I am doing a lot of time at the grinder.

One of the nice things about the Bionic shields is that replacement clear sections are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace when you get stuff (like CA glue) on it.

The Bionic shields often get bad reviews because people do not realize that they ship with protective plastic films on the clear portion that need to be peeled off before use. It is hard to see through those blue layers. 
Rolleyes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Wow. Glad I read this. I forgot about a full face shield, I bought for $5 at a yard sale a while ago.
Found it, and it's a Survivair full face resperator. Looks like it will work fine. Can't say I would have spent $100+ for it.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I lost mine once- it had fallen between some stored wood.

I temporarily used my sons old paint ball face shield- worked pretty good and was comfortable. I keep it around.