Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options?
(05-02-2018, 03:41 PM)giradman Wrote: Well, came up w/ a solution - hung 14" long 1 1/2" square oak hangers under the basement stairs attached to the stringers on each side (see pic below); 3/4" holes drilled at the bottom - used some old leftover electrical conduit - the Kraft Paper roll is nearly 6' off the ground but easily reachable  - now need to come up w/ an idea of cutting the paper - Dave
Smile

Just dedicate a utility knife to the location, cut from middle out to each end.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
+1 on the utility knife.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(05-02-2018, 03:43 PM)Admiral Wrote: Just dedicate a utility knife to the location, cut from middle out to each end.

(05-02-2018, 03:50 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: +1 on the utility knife.

Hi Guys - I agree and have 3 or 4 utility knives, but would like a more inventive option - 
Big Grin

For example, thinking of something on hinges attached to the oak hangers and held up by magnets, then pulled down when needed to cut the paper - have a long thin piece of AL and also a bunch of hacksaw blades - will post if it happens or just use a utility knife or one of those zip cutters?  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(05-02-2018, 04:00 PM)giradman Wrote: Hi Guys - I agree and have 3 or 4 utility knives, but would like a more inventive option - 
Big Grin

For example, thinking of something on hinges attached to the oak hangers and held up by magnets, then pulled down when needed to cut the paper - have a long thin piece of AL and also a bunch of hacksaw blades - will post if it happens or just use a utility knife or one of those zip cutters?  Dave
Smile

I have to thank you for the paper idea I have always used newspaper, cardboard or ply.  I have paper on order should be here next week.  I am going to hang it on a dowel and makeshift some type of hooks to hold a piece of steel across the sheet that also hangs on the dowel just a bit wider to use as a straight to tear off of.  I figure it will start out high on the roll and lower as the roll gets smaller
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If you rip a piece of your scrap oak with a 45* beveled edge resting on the roll, it’ll most likely be sharp enough to cut.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(05-02-2018, 04:22 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: If you rip a piece of your scrap oak with a 45* beveled edge resting on the roll, it’ll most likely be sharp enough to cut.

even better, thanks
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-02-2018, 04:22 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: If you rip a piece of your scrap oak with a 45* beveled edge resting on the roll, it’ll most likely be sharp enough to cut.

Melamine would be even better.  A clean cut on melamine almost requires Kevlar gloves.  It can be as sharp as a chisel.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
well I had the best of intentions but saw this.  

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Ma...ctid=11016

[Image: 11016_44_1-1.jpg]

Phil Thien

(04-22-2018, 09:07 AM)bandsaw Wrote: My roll is on a dowel between 2x4's

I do the same thing.  I also have a utility knife hanging by it to cut it.

I think the Zippy Cutter would work even better.

https://www.amazon.com/Ehdis-Snitty-Clot...ppy+cutter

https://www.amazon.com/Alvin-R53B-Cuttin...ppy+cutter

I found the 5 Piece was just $2 more then a singe one.  Go figure.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-18-2018, 05:35 PM)Bob10 Wrote: well I had the best of intentions but saw this.  

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Ma...ctid=11016

[Image: 11016_44_1-1.jpg]

Send one of those sections to Gman...
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020