Hand plane collection for sale (Not mine)
This was posted today on my local Craigslist. Not mine. All I know is what I see. Says 300 are available.

https://loz.craigslist.org/tls/d/collect...43744.html
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Heck, yes, I'd pay $1 for 300 planes.  I wonder how they'll determine when to cut off the "bidding?"
Guy  just needs to contact an auction house. Since it was his grandfathers and not his anything that sells is free money.
Given his choice of a less than desirable plane for the picture, it may just be a load of doorstops..... not that I'm about to jump on a plane to MO anyway......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-22-2018, 11:03 AM)Admiral Wrote: Given his choice of a less than desirable plane for the picture, it may just be a load of doorstops..... not that I'm about to jump on a plane to MO anyway......

YES! I assume he took a picture of the headliner of the collection. If so, it is probably just 300 plane like objects.

Reminds me of a boss I once had and what he said evaluating candidates. 
"Does this guy have ten years of experience or just one year of experience ten times?"
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
He can't be very anxious to sell without more than one pic of a rusty plane.  He's almost proud to announce that he has no other pics, which is odd.  And, anyone who sells vintage planes, but starts the conversation with "these were my grandfather's planes" is a bit suspect in my book.  I did a bit of rust hunting when I lived in St. Louis, and most vintage planes languished in barns breeding rust.  For every plane I saw in decent shape, I probably saw 50 in pretty sad shape.  The seller will probably get a few visits, but without knowing what he's really looking for in terms of price, it'll really limit his chances to sell.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The problem with people selling something like this is they really have no clue as to it's actually market value. He is going to be really disappointed when he doesn't get an offer of $50 each for them.

carl
I reached out to this guy and told him his best option was probably contacting one of the tool auction houses. That way he could get an estimate of what he's got and its an easier way to dispose of the lot. Hope he takes the advice.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.