AC return question
In SW FL, we almost never use any heat, just AC.
Our new to us, house has a central return.
Bedrooms don't have returns. Bottom door gaps are under 1/2".
Would a low or high level return be better, bring it is for AC only?
My thought is hot air rises. So high would be better. Why return cold air?
The system works fine, but when a br door is open a 1/2" it gets blown shut. I know a return would make it better.
So, high or low return for just AC?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(04-22-2018, 11:15 AM)Pirate Wrote: In SW FL, we almost never use any heat, just AC.
Our new to us, house has a central return.
Bedrooms don't have returns. Bottom door gaps are under 1/2".
Would a low or high level return be better, bring it is for AC only?
My thought is hot air rises. So high would be better. Why return cold air?
The system works fine, but when a br door is open a 1/2" it gets blown shut. I know a return would make it better.
So, high or low return for just AC?

A lot of the newer homes I inspect, particularly 3 level town homes have a return above the bedroom door dumping into the hallway and then a central ducted return somewhere on the floor. Usually at the top of the stairwell so the duct can folow the stair chase all the way down to the basement. Seem to work as well as anything. Eats up less sq/ft than returns in the bedrooms. The newer masonite builders grade doors don't have much solid material in the bottom to trim up to allow for returns under the door. I cut one recently and the bottom piece was less than an inch thick. I wound up gluing in a new piece.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay